Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I would be careful and probably avoid using "auto polish" on any playfield, as most are abrasive, unless using a pure carnauba wax which will simply offer some protection and shine to your playfield after cleaning.

You will find most use Novus 2 then Novus 1. However, keep in mind Novus 2 and above are also abrasive.

IMO I stay away from anything abrasive on the playfield, I have found using Novus 2 in the past that it may "dull" the clear, others may disagree though

Thx for the comments.

So what would you use?

If it was me and that is the only problem with the playfield, then leave it as is as mentioned above for the new owner to deal with. What you have shown in the pic provided is not going to affect your sale or price of the machine whatsoever.

If you are adamant in removing the marks then try novus 2, only use a tiny, tiny bit, and do not rub with force, or try in an area where it cannot be noticed first to see the effects, it will more then likely be fine, but keep in mind that it is an abrasive product.

All the best with the sale when you finally list the machine

I'd probably use naphtha (shellite) before I tried Novus 2. Naphtha often get crap off that I can't get with just a microfiber cloth.

It shouldn't react with the clear, but I'd test it on an out of the way bit of clear first, like under the apron.

It will remove any wax so you'll need to re wax after.

I'd probably use naphtha (shellite) before I tried Novus 2. Naphtha often get crap off that I can't get with just a microfiber cloth.

It shouldn't react with the clear, but I'd test it on an out of the way bit of clear first, like under the apron.

It will remove any wax so you'll need to re wax after.

it dulls the cc, so need to polish again

You need to be careful using petroleum based cleaners because it will effect the adhesive used to hold the mylar if your machine has mylar. You won't have a problem if you use it on the mylar itself but if it has a hole in it or you are working near the edges, different story. Metho does not effect the adhesive.

I always clean the machine in metho as the cleaner and then a couple of light quick bursts of Mr Sheen. The metho does the cleaning and the Mr Sheen is the gloss and also speeds the ball up.

No love for the Magic Eraser..? Thoughts on that from the masses please..

Magic eraser is abrasive. On some machines it could possible help, on others you'll be through to paint in no time, especially if you're trying to get ball swirl out of the top coat.