Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tee'd off spinning wheel not working

Question

Hi, i have a tee'd off pinball and the spinning wheel in the middle doesn't work. There is a similar one in the monte carlo pinball. Just wondering if this is a common problem and where to start to fix it.

7 answers to this question

Enter the test menu and see if it works in coil test.

Was it ever working? If not, the grease in the motor may have gummed up the gearbox.

If it was, check the connector under the playfield. Reseat it to be sure.

Edited by ocyen

Thanks for the reply. I loosened up the gear box manually and and now when you check the relay it works. But in game mode i can't get it to work at all. It lights up to spin gopher wheel but it never does when i shoot that ramp. Also green lights on pinball where it says gopher have never come on. I just got the pinball and previous owners hadn't played in a long time.

I really like the game but wish i could get the wheel spinning in game. All help or ideas are appreciated.

Check the gopher lamps in test mode. If none of them light up at all, then I'll bet the connector is not connected. The lamps are on a circuit board under the apron so you will have to disassemble it to connect everything up again.

As for the wheel, at least we now know it works in test mode. Does the switch in the centre playfield hole work properly? If the switch does not work, it will never award you a wheel spin. Check it in switch matrix test. If it does work properly, then I'd suspect this is a game setting issue. Have you tried resetting to factory defaults?

Thanks mate. I reset the factory settings and it worked. Replay is a lot lower now so even better. Next problem i have is the wheel doesn't spin quick enough so always stay on same letter. Can i adjust the relay to stay on longer? Or can i try and bend the metal sensors under the wheel so less pressure on wheel? When i manually keep the relay on it spins real quick. Problem is the relay on stays on for a fraction of a second.

It should definitely spin fast enough to move the ball around. Take the wheel out from under the playfield and see if there is anything binding against it or otherwise slowing it down. If it moves freely then I would suspect the gearbox may need to be cleaned and relubricated. There's nothing you can do to keep the relay engaged for shorter or longer periods of time - it's set in the software. So it's a mechanical issue.