Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championships 2019 7th-9th June

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post updated with those who have paid. Please check that there is a payment listed against your name if you have paid!

There are also a few payments I didn't match up:

11/02 Hamish G --- maybe @Yetimon

21/02 Scott W

06/03 Andrew C

22/03 Andre T

Just a reminder that you can still register, however the cost is now $120 for the weekend. We'll stop registration 1 month out, which is the 12/05/2019.

Edited by sleazius

First post updated with those who have paid. Please check that there is a payment listed against your name if you have paid!

There are also a few payments I didn't match up:

22/03 Andre T = @Pinball Dre

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately hollie and myself have to drop out due to long weekend and staff issues, sorry we will have to miss this one was looking forward to it have fun everyone it will be a great event

Aw man!

Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championships 2019 7th-9th June

To The organizers - thanks so much for your efforts - can’t wait to see the Barn for the first time - wish we had something like this in Adelaide!

I had a question regarding Sunday night and apologies if the answer is obvious (I’ve been through the thread and can’t find the info). From what I can tell there is an arvo Strikes comp which should finish by early evening- but nothing else to follow, or will games be on free play afterwards?

No issue either way but trying to work if I book the last flight on Sunday night or Monday morning

Cheers guys

Edited by Jack the Flipper

Hello Sirs.

I was talking to someone overseas who was thinking of coming down but asked about payouts.

Are there any payouts? Or is this just for fun trophies and wpprs?

It would cost them over a 1k to get down and they are ranked in the top 100 so I dunno...do they have an opportunity to win it back?

Sorry if it's been covered.

Hello Sirs.

I was talking to someone overseas who was thinking of coming down but asked about payouts.

It would cost them over a 1k to get down and they are ranked in the top 100 so I dunno...do they have an opportunity to win it back?

@Ryza

There will be a classics pump and dump that hasn't been advertised that will run the entire weekend as a side comp. Structured the same way that we did it at the second Batcave that was a huge success (ended up with a larger prize pool than the main event, I think it ended up being around $6k in the end). Also it will be an IFPA event.

Far as the mains are concerned at this stage no. There could very well be a 1st place $500 bucks kind of deal for the main event if we've got cash left over, but honestly we'll burn through most of it on tech fees. We've also charged less than we usually do to make it more accessible which hurts our ability to offer the type of payouts we have in the past.

This will likely be the biggest comp in terms of machine variety that has ever been hosted in Australia. Could be as many as 75 machines to smash out the main event in a timely fashion (although hopefully fewer). Unfortunately that comes with a hefty cost attached.

Hello Sirs.

Pinside Petey Teolis!

rd

To The organizers - thanks so much for your efforts - can’t wait to see the Barn for the first time - wish we had something like this in Adelaide!

I had a question regarding Sunday night and apologies if the answer is obvious (I’ve been through the thread and can’t find the info). From what I can tell there is an arvo Strikes comp which should finish by early evening- but nothing else to follow, or will games be on free play afterwards?

No issue either way but trying to work if I book the last flight on Sunday night or Monday morning

Cheers guys

Also wondering about an estimated finish time on Sunday. For three strikes, starting at 1pm for 100 people, how long would it normally take to get to the end?

We'll keep the games on freeplay Sunday evening till the end of the classics and strikes events.

I would suggest that if you think you're a hope of competing till the end of the strikes event (or the classics for that matter) I'd budget to be staying Sunday night. Its unlikely to be finished before 10pm. I'm an hour from the airport, and Sydney has a curfew that means planes don't fly after 11pm.

Just an update - we've got 69 paid up runners so far, and 71 who I know are attending (because 2 are kiwis).

I've broken the list into paid and unpaid to make it easier to find people.

There are still 11 spots left so if you want to get in, make it known!