Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Clear Coating a 1980's Bally Playfield

Hey Folks,

Clear coating playfields has often been mentioned here but hoping for a bit more help for my specific situation .. hope you can help.

I am planning on buying a restored playfield for my 1980's bally pin. So far I know that it has mostly original paint on the top arch and centre area, the rest has been painted - with Createx acrylic paint. It also has a layer of acrylic clearcoat to lock in the colours but no coat over that.

I have an offer to have the playfield auto cleared for $300-$400 or no added cost with a water based acrylic clear (which is his preference for older machines).

I will be using this only at home and will be not hammered too much. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

Cheers, Bret

Cheers Solar ...

That's why I thought I'd throw it out there .. I am not sure whatsoever with compatability as you mention and hadn't even though of that as an issue.

Let me know what your thoughts are as I am completely inexperienced with this sort of thing.

Very best, Bret