Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nanao MS8-26 pinout

mR_CaESaR

Question

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of connecting up the chassis and tube to my Sega rally build, but I'm stumped a little with the pinout..

908ed6fa870834774734499d0524c0ad.jpg

Does anyone happen to know the pinout for this chassis?*

I'm assuming red, green, blue and black are the rgb video gnd signals on a jamma edge, and I'm also assuming white is sync, is it safe to assume brown is for degaussing?*

I have no degaussing button on my cab anywhere so I'm assuming I'd have to create a momentary switch?

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9 answers to this question

Brown is vertical sync (not used). The pinout is screen printed.
The moment you said it's screen printed, I realised I had a massive derp moment :). SMH

Thanks.

Now I need to figure out how I trigger a degauss

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about Nanao MS8-26SG:

1) How do you wire the header to automatically degauss?

2) On my board it has the labels red/green/blue/gnd/h sync. If using VGA for input to this monitor is the VGA Vertical Sync used?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about Nanao MS8-26SG:

1) How do you wire the header to automatically degauss?

2) On my board it has the labels red/green/blue/gnd/h sync. If using VGA for input to this monitor is the VGA Vertical Sync used?

Thanks,

Tom

1. I've been told by numerous people (including this thread) that there's no header on the SG. It's automatic. Everytime it turns on it gets degaussed

2. You cannot use vga on this chassis. This chassis is only a dual sync chassis so 15/24 kHz only. If you want to use vga, you will need a 31khz only chassis or a tri sync.

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like VGA is not an option. SCART seems to be working with the monitor. Degaussing is not working automatically but it looks like it was was wired to degauss manually.

yZWq9EM.jpg

There are two red wires that go to a push button to manually degauss. Should it also automatically degauss when turning on? Currently the button is not connected and no degaussing occurs when turning on the monitor.

wsFDyi2.jpg

PTBR34c.jpg

Edited by econ0003