Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Viper CRT decolorisation Help

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the arcade side of things as pinball is usually my forte

I am having some colour problems with my new cab and am just wondering what might be causing it?. Pictures below show the problem on the screen , is there a way I can fix this? I have tried the degaussing with magnets on a drill but that didn't help, Unsure if the demagnetising wire around the monitor in the back is working... To tell you the truth I'm not sure where to go from here as it is annoying... Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for the help @namastepat I will look out for a d-wand, is there a particular one out there that is worth its weight in gold? I saw the ones that where a circle in some videos and they looked like the did the job, but I have just seen the stick ones too. Also what would the yoke problem be in this case if it was or there too many variables?

An Arlec degaussing wand like this is the best one to grab. They sometimes come up second hand.

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/degaussing-wand/test-measure/tools-test/xt8150-3786/6657/pd/

However, if you just want a cheap one to get the job done, these will work. https://www.mygamesroom.com.au/shop/degaussing-wand/

Fair warning though, they are pieces of shit and I've had one literally burn through the power cord while being used. Still, for a couple of degausses, they will work.

If it's a yoke issue, it could be purity related. Well out of my league, as I don't mess with CRT yokes.