Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Since the value of TMNT cabinets have gone through the roof in recent years and seeing all the TMNT cabs on here i decided to jump on the band wagon and convert my LAI 26" cabinet back to a dedicated TMNT.

I bought this cabinet about 5 years ago for $120! it was empty and i have since got the tube rejuvenated, kortek chassis rebuilt by Joey and have been using it the last 5 years as a MAME cab with Hyperspin.

SAM_3215.jpg

I've enjoyed playing SF2 and other 2 player games on this cab as there is plenty of elbow room for 2 players. Well i have taken out the Hypersin setup and moved it to another one of my cabs now, time to restore this back to its original state!

SAM_3216.jpg

It was a bit of a mess in there with all the cables, you can see the jpac on the right. Good thing is i still had the 3P and 4P connectors in there.

Missing the coin box as you can see but im undecided if i will add a coin mech at this stage.

I managed to get a 4 player LAI Wrestlefest control panel from ole mate Kev at Kingswood. This is the exact measurements as the TMNT 4 player panel and also has the red, blue and yellow mca joysticks and buttons that i need. bonus!

SAM_3223.jpg

im happy to take some hi-res pics for anyone that may want to reproduce it before i strip the CPO and replace with TMNT, @MamePatrol?

I ordered the TMNT 4 player CPO and credit splashwork from @MamePatrol, thanks mate!

already had a spare TMNT marquee in stock so will make use of that

SAM_3220.jpg

Out come the joysticks and buttons from the Wrestlefest CP, i will use a black joystick for Donatello since i prob have bucklies chance of scoring a purple MCA joystick

SAM_3225.jpg

Removed the SF2 CP, joysticks and buttons. It baffled me before why they cut out the under CP this way but it made sense as i lined up the 4 player Wrestlefest CP. It was cut to suit the original 4 player TMNT joystick positions, duh!

SAM_3232.jpg

Perfect fit

SAM_3233.jpg

Stay tuned for next updates. And yes i know i still have the MK1 restore to complete as well [emoji23]

Edited by Jason_roberts13

Hey mate. I hope im not misleading, but I was reading that apparently 'Molex KK series' 0.1" (2.54mm) pitch may fit TMNT boards, based on a post on ArcadeControls forum.

If thats true, then RS components have these and you could make a harness as worst case

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector-housings/0479175/

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/products/467598/

Hey mate. I hope im not misleading, but I was reading that apparently 'Molex KK series' 0.1" (2.54mm) pitch may fit TMNT boards, based on a post on ArcadeControls forum.

If thats true, then RS components have these and you could make a harness as worst case

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector-housings/0479175/

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/products/467598/

cheers mate! I might just end up doin that if one doesnt show up soon. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Got to spend a bit of time on this today, stripped off the Wrestlefest CP overlay without even damaging it! Even surprised myself there.

You can still see the imprint on the panel

SAM_3260.jpg

Gave it a nice sand and put some primer on it before laying the TMNT CPO over the top

SAM_3261.jpg

Cut around the edges with a stanley knife and cut out the holes

SAM_3263.jpg

Then secured the joysticks and buttons. Im gonna replace that black mca joystick with a purple one which is on the way from another AA member. Very fortunate to score that!

SAM_3264.jpg

Also managed to pickup the 3/4P harnesses from Kev at kfe.com.au. FYI he also has a purple MCA on his website for anyone looking for one

SAM_3292.jpg

Edited by Jason_roberts13

Control panel looked like it was in top shape underneath. Came up beautiful !

One thing to note with those 3/4p harnesses - they are missing pin 11 on each harness which are the 'service' switches. The wires for those would have connected to the red push buttons on the cabinet door to give credits directly to donatello and raphael (bypassing the credit system and giving direct credits).

That being said, i would be fairly confident that you could simply overcome this by double-wiring pin 1 (coin wire) on each of those harnesses to two areas:

1. wire it to the credit board's Player 3 'credit output' (and do same for player 4 harness to Player 4 'credit output')

and

2. to the red push button on the door for Player 3 (or 4 for player 4 harness)

I believe it will achieve the same thing.

Cheers mate, you really know your way around the credit system on these tmnt cabs. For now I will prob wire it direct to the 3/4 player start buttons since I’m not using a coin mech anyway. I might change that later down the track, for now I just wanna get it running

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

The credit artwork went on today, had to take the glass and support bracket off to get to it

SAM_3297.jpg

Then started wiring the control panel. Already had the +12v for the globes on the start buttons so that was easy.

Player 1 and 2 controls come from Jamma, Players 3 and 4 from the 3P/4P harness

SAM_3299.jpg

Here is the wiring from the manual

TMNT_3-4-wiring.jpg

Got some purple cellophane from the $2 shop for the Donatello start button. Wrapped it over the clear start button

SAM_3298.jpg

Its all wired up now so in theory should be plug and play once i connect the board

Will replace that Donatello joystick as well once the purple mca arrives in the mail

SAM_3302.jpg

It's looking good Jason

The price of theres have gone mad high.

back in 2008 the TMNT pcbs where $120 working.

Now PCB $600 US after shipping on ebay:unsure

Not wrong

Turtles in Time boards are even worse to buy today $$$

Never look at Turtles in Time PCB and never like it lol.

Still whats the life on a board thats full of the Fuji chips.

Get it repaired and the next its used it figen dies!

If theres a way to make a muiti pcb work with 4 players I be in it!

As I am over getting boards repair just to see them die and die and die!. Think my count of TMNT pcb is 5 now lol.

As I am over getting boards repair just to see them die and die and die!. Think my count of TMNT pcb is 5 now lol.

Do you have any non working TMNT boards for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Get the PiJamma from @dee2eR, then you can live life the right way ;)

Here's a tip to doing the joystick and button cutouts through the mylar once it is stuck to the metal...

Round rat tail file dead in the center of the hole and hit it with your open hand so now the file is through.

Start filing only on the down stroke of the file keeping the file 90 degrees to the metal and you will get perfect round factory holes in your mylar.;)

Butchers use a Stanley knife and it takes longer.:blink:

The two small location pin holes used on the MCA start buttons again, same rat tail file, punch through and turn the file a couple of times to give super clean holes.

The rat tail file won't fit right through these holes, just the tip but when you spin the file it cuts the mylar holes perfectly.;)

This is the exact process I did hundreds of these cabinets and many other video cabinets.

Little tricks like this were used to knock out many cabinets a day but still giving professional looking jobs.

Take out all the cellotape and spray paint the inside of the start switch and you may as well do the MCA purple buttons that have sun faded.

The buttons should be the same colour as the joystick but have faded like they did when the machine was in the sun.