Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stairs

Grefla

Hi

I'm new to AA, so please redirect me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I am hoping to create a games room in my basement, which of course means getting arcades and pins down stairs.

Does anyone have a tried and tested way of getting these things up and down stairs?

I thought a sack truck with large wheels, but it'll bounce on each step.

I also thought about a board on the stairs and sliding them down, but have to negotiate a hairpin bend halfway down.

Any advice that will save my back, the walls and the machines will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Al

Stairs and machines don't mix I'm afraid. Wood rails is about the best short of simply lifting them down with two guys. For a pinball that can actually fit with it's head on, fold the head down, legs bolted on upside down, one rope around the front end between the front leg bolts so the rope forms a loop around the front of the machine with the ends of the rope coming back up and off the stairs with a bloke on end end of the rope holding it. Push the pinball over the edge onto the wood rails and the two blokes slowly walk towards the edge of the stairs doing a controlled slide of the pin.

Hardly worth it for one pin but when it is say 6 pins going in a new venue, well worth the effort.

Videos, only buy machines you can slide on there back and try to buy light ones. LAI TMNT cabs really suk but they slide well.

That's a good idea, thanks for that.

got a pin and an arcade machine to move down, can't imagine they will come back up for a LONG time.

The staircase isn't straight, but one that has 2x 90 degree turns, so it's going to be fun.

I'd be tempted to disconnect and remove the playfield from the pinball machine and move that down separately. If the head comes off that's a bonus. If it's an EM I'd take the main relay heavy board out the base cabinet too. Anything to lower the weight while moving.

Keep in mind that as there's 90 degree turns you might need to stand the body vertically to rotate, so you want to go down the stairs with the back of the cabinet low, player end high.