Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

DW JUKE unusual problem

Running DW juke in my touchscreen, I have a 16gig thumbdrive loaded with music, when I start DW juke, it starts up looking at the song folder then crashes with a standard windows error, I have narrowed it down to all the artists starting with the letter M, Maclemore, Michael Jackson, Meatloaf, etc.

I have put all the M music on its own on another thumbdrive, then when I start, it loads the software perfectly but without anything on the title strips, no songs at all :unsure, I can flick through pages with nothing on them, select A1, B2, C3, ect with it giving me a error sound when I press select .

I have loaded the other thumb with all the music except any M songs and it fires up and works perfect, its just songs that are by artists starting with M, looks like I have a racist jukebox :lol.

• Administrators

Never sued DW Jukebox but I would suspect two potential problems.

If dw juke relies on mp3 tags then you might have a bad tag. If it just uses file names it could be an unsupported character in the name OR a corrupt music file. Does dwjuke have logging as it should tell you in there.

Loading music from a USB/flash or memory card is not great. Very prone to read/write errors particularly over time.

Brad

WOW been a few years but if I recall correctly you have some crap in the tags

I had the same problem once also delete any non MP3 files like WMA extensions also caused an issue for some reason

I likes the old DWJ or wincab software used to run it in my first mame cab with Glaunch ahhh the good old days

Never sued DW Jukebox but I would suspect two potential problems.

If dw juke relies on mp3 tags then you might have a bad tag. If it just uses file names it could be an unsupported character in the name OR a corrupt music file. Does dwjuke have logging as it should tell you in there.

Loading music from a USB/flash or memory card is not great. Very prone to read/write errors particularly over time.

Brad

Thanks

I thought it might be something wrong with 1 file, there are 41 songs that the artist starts wit M, so I grabbed a couple of thumbs I have and loaded 1 song on each, not 1 would load, I can play them all in windows media player no probs.

It does have logging, I dont know how to read it, I just see the song artist among the tech stuff I dont understand, thats how I figured it was the M artists.

The thumb drives i am using are new, I purchased 6 last week from office works, I have even tried all of them loading the file direct from my study computer? (which could be the problem but why)

Its ok, I will just leave the M artists out and just use the juke without them :)

So if the tags are Corrupt, how do I fix them, and why only the M artists?

The juke has a fresh install of win XP and apart from the drivers to run the touch screen, it only has the juke software, no other software at all

• Administrators

Tags are easy to fix. I use Tag & Rename which is commercial software but MP3 Tag is free and very good as well. You can then mass write mp3 tags easily.

I've used a mp3 test tool before to find bad files but can't remember what it was. Google will help you with that.

I'd still copy your music to the PC's hard disk rather than USB as over time it's virtually certain that files will go bad imo.

Cheers,

Brad