Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bubble Bobble and Amidar on Retropie - what emu / rom ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,220
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

    Bubble Bobble and Amidar on Retropie - what emu / rom ?

    has anyone got Bubble Bubble and Amidar working on retropie ?

    using retropie V4.4. got 5 emus installed: Adv Mame 2003 (default) Adv Mame 2000, Final Burn Alpha, Mame4all, and pifba. Neither rom works in any of them. have tried all versions of the roms available in all these emulators.

    If anyone has either/both working on retropie, please let me know what emulator/rom ? Mostly interested in getting Bubble Bobble working, the new scratch build machine i just put together is going to a house with young kids ages 7 and 9, and they are completely crazy for bubble bobble.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    State
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,746
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    550 Post(s)
    Are you sure it's not a mismatch between rom version and emulator version? I've had Bubble running on my Rpi on pretty much all the Mame variations without issue
    SEGA love: click | Nintendo love: click
    PC Engine love: click | Latest retro finds: click

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,476
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1507 Post(s)
    As above. Quick way to tell is run the rom from cmd line and see what output it gives you. It will tell you something is missing

    Brad

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,220
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

    Thanks guys.

    I've tried pretty much every version of rom I can find with the 4 versions of Mame I have and it won't load.

    Seems like I need the Bubble Bobble rom to suit mame 0.78 as that will work on advanced mame 2003 on retropie 4.4

    tracking down that 0.78 rom seems like a hard task, I can't find it anywhere. I found a 0.78 Romset on archive.org but it's 6GB torrent file and I'm hamstrung by my 4G quota which is the only internet we have still. I tried looking at the torrent contents or the individual zips from that set on archive.org but all I see are the consoles, there is no mame archive.

    Any help much appreciated 😀

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,813
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Thanks guys.

    I've tried pretty much every version of rom I can find with the 4 versions of Mame I have and it won't load.

    Seems like I need the Bubble Bobble rom to suit mame 0.78 as that will work on advanced mame 2003 on retropie 4.4

    tracking down that 0.78 rom seems like a hard task, I can't find it anywhere. I found a 0.78 Romset on archive.org but it's 6GB torrent file and I'm hamstrung by my 4G quota which is the only internet we have still. I tried looking at the torrent contents or the individual zips from that set on archive.org but all I see are the consoles, there is no mame archive.

    Any help much appreciated ��
    Have you tried these? https://archive.org/details/MAME_078 and https://archive.org/details/MAME2003...s_CHDs_Samples and https://archive.org/details/mame2003

    I'm happy to download romsets and send you just the roms you want, if that helps.

    Cheers,
    Matthew

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,220
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by felixthadog View Post
    Have you tried these? https://archive.org/details/MAME_078 and https://archive.org/details/MAME2003...s_CHDs_Samples and https://archive.org/details/mame2003

    I'm happy to download romsets and send you just the roms you want, if that helps.

    Cheers,
    Matthew
    awesome, thanks. i'm getting just amidar, pengo, and all the bubble bobbles from that torrent, about 100MB so i should be good. thanks for the offer !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,813
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    awesome, thanks. i'm getting just amidar, pengo, and all the bubble bobbles from that torrent, about 100MB so i should be good. thanks for the offer !
    No worries, I hope they all work for you

    Cheers,
    Matthew

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,220
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by felixthadog View Post
    No worries, I hope they all work for you

    Cheers,
    Matthew
    They did ! woohoo, can say the machine is completed now

    thanks to everyone who helped!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Few questions about Bobble bobble (bubble bobble bootleg)
    By ostybeef in forum Arcade Technical and Repair Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10th October 2010, 05:40 PM
  2. New Bubble Bobble available on Wii!
    By dmworking247 in forum Console and Handheld
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th April 2009, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •