Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PLaystation 1 Mini coming soon

some brilliant games on the PS1. Me and friends spent SO many hours playing Tekken in the 90's.

I'll stick with my original PS1 and real CD's :)

Though a N64 mini might tempt me onto this tiny bandwagon.... never had an N64. Online servers for Goldeneye while I'm still dreaming ?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/964181/N64-Classic-Mini-revealed-Nintendo-SNES-NES-Classic-Mini

Yeah I would be interested in a N64 mini and a Dreamcast mini and a NeoGeo, Panasonic, Phillips all the expensive consoles that I have never played. I still have my original PS1 and a heap of pirate games that probably still work so I won't be buying the PS1 mini.

I probably should just look at getting MESS running on my Astro mame cabs to play a few of my favorite old console games. I wonder how many of the people who must buy everything retro that is released actually find the time to play them or if it's more of a gotta have them all thing.

149 rrp

I got one earlier locked in

thats more than I paid for my original PS1 New.

they got down to under $100 at one point. I think I paid $80 for my PS1 on special from retravision back in the day.

I should have bought those ps1's I saw at the dump market last year, they sat there for almost 6months at $20. bugger

didnt think the PS1 was old enough or rare enough for them to be that sort after in the near future so kept walking. you couldnt give them away 1 year ago, seem tobe around $70 now for an original, I guess now these will be pumped and inflated like other consoles.

But There is millions of these consoles and they were selling these well into the early 2000's so they arent really retro IMO,The originals work easy enough on most TV's still, so not sure of the point of this one, Unless your a mini collector

Which I guess there are mini collectors out there who will buy it, so maybe a smart move By Playstation, but that price is crazy

my favorite PS1 game was Medievel, I do miss playing that game, but I doubt that will make the game list lol

Edited by jason1

thats more than I paid for my original PS1 New.

they got down to under $100 at one point. I think I paid $80 for my PS1 on special from retravision back in the day.

I should have bought those ps1's I saw at the dump market last year, they sat there for almost 6months at $20. bugger

didnt think the PS1 was old enough or rare enough for them to be that sort after in the near future so kept walking. you couldnt give them away 1 year ago, seem tobe around $70 now for an original, I guess now these will be pumped and inflated like other consoles.

But There is millions of these consoles and they were selling these well into the early 2000's so they arent really retro IMO,The originals work easy enough on most TV's still, so not sure of the point of this one, Unless your a mini collector

Which I guess there are mini collectors out there who will buy it, so maybe a smart move By Playstation, but that price is crazy

my favorite PS1 game was Medievel, I do miss playing that game, but I doubt that will make the game list lol

Never got one bitd. Did few years ago from garage sales when prices dropped big time had fun with re but think handballed it on

Not a fan of the original controllers and would prefer dual shocks (especially for games like RR4).

I'll still buy it though :lol

not fancy using a jogcon?

Not sure if i'm too excited about this one. The novelty of mini consoles is wearing off. Maybe i'll get one if I can't get my Playstation's laser working.

I'm pretty sure there are still some compatible replacement lasers out there (model dependant). Or get a PSIO providing you are happy to wait like a year.... after all this mini is just going to be emulation anyway.

not fancy using a jogcon?

I never had the chance to try one out when I purchased RR4 many years ago. Would have been up for one though :)

Still have the game though with the RR high spec demo that came with it.

No chance of the jogcon coming to this mini though :(

I never had the chance to try one out when I purchased RR4 many years ago. Would have been up for one though :)

Still have the game though with the RR high spec demo that came with it.

No chance of the jogcon coming to this mini though :(

I picked up a jogcon and negcon not too long ago but cant see me using them much tbh more of a collector thing. I guess they were more of a gimmick or a poor mans steering wheel setup back in the day.

RR high spec, that demo is awesome, I play the jap version RR Turbo big shame there is only a single opponent.

I picked up a jogcon and negcon not too long ago but cant see me using them much tbh more of a collector thing. I guess they were more of a gimmick or a poor mans steering wheel setup back in the day.

Negcon is the preferred controller for playing Wipeout2097, or so it's said. I can certainly confirm that i'd like to try one, as 2097 is the best racing game on the system by miles :)

Negcon is the preferred controller for playing Wipeout2097, or so it's said. I can certainly confirm that i'd like to try one, as 2097 is the best racing game on the system by miles :)

Yeah while the negcon was released for ridge racer I can actually see it being well suited to Wipeout style gameplay given the nature of it, may be a bit awkward doing the airbrakes though while cornering.