Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who's got unfinished projects? You're kidding me right!!?

taito

The yoke is something I might need in the future for my super sprint? I hope I remember this if I do. Wazza

I don't know if that will help you, I found this part very rare indeed, and the yoke is B&W chassis, not colour. 23" tube 110 deg. deflection. What's your tube?

Come on peeps. The thread just hit over 1000 views, but only 25 posts, a large part from me. ha.

So... share the joy, the pain, the shame, the anguish of those unfinished projects. We want to hear about them, and you'll feel better in sharing... :) And you may even feel inspired to get one finished. Shame hates it when we talk about shame. Come out to AA, we're an understanding mob. Peace.

Come on peeps......

.....So... share the joy, the pain, the shame, the anguish of those unfinished projects.

Ok, here goes....

Some years ago, when a bunch of us were fortunate enough to bring in some USA cabinets in containers via the AA Co-op, i bit hard and bought a few in. These are pretty much still all in project status.

Universal Mr. Do! - almost in the games room. Just needs a little more attention to the monitor and some prettying up.

Midway Galaxian - No work done at all, full game in need of major refurbishment

Midway Galaga - Started some work on this a few years back, never got too far. It's complete, but very much a project.

Centuri Gyruss - 100% working, but destined for my brother-in-laws house. I did scratch build a beautiful replica though with all original parts to keep. Build thread here.

Centuri Time Pilot - Solid cabinet, but the rest needs serious work. It was not a full game, but i have all the parts now.

Atari Dig Dug - In the games room :) The board set has some issues so i currently have a 60-1 in there set only to dig dug.

Also, I have some local projects. These include;

LAI coffin cab destined to run 1942 and other similar vertical shooters. Cabinet needs lots of work, actually, this is my worst project.

LAI Ivan Stewarts - Cab is great, was working with previous owners, but it's been sitting in my shed for 5 or 6 years now and needs a very thorough going over

LAI Mechanized Attack - Not working, needs lots of work. Cab is pretty solid though.

Sega Virtua Racer twin - Empty cabinet, destined to be a twin emulator machine

Final Lap 3 twin racer - Empty cabinet, but have started stock piling parts. Long term project for sure

Generic "Fat Boy" which is solid, but needs some monitor work and a board put in it.

Namco 2 x twin (4 all up) "Final Furlong 2" horse racing game. All have had monitors sorted, game boards sorted, now just need a bit of cabinet tlc.

plus, I have a bunch of scratch builds to get through. I have all the hardware, gameboards, artworks etc. Just need to build the cabs for;

Centuri Track and Field

Midway Pacman

Williams Moon Patrol

Midway multi (Galaga series)

Taito (Elevator Action style cab) which will run Exerion.

Plus I need a couple of lowboys for 2 builds.

1. Sky shark / Twin cobra

2. Shinobi

So, yeah, I am going to be at this for a while. Might have to leave projects in my will :lol

Ok, here goes....

Some years ago.... Might have to leave projects in my will :lol

Gee @Woody, ... not a competition, but if it was, you're certainly top of the leader board. Thanks for sharing. :)

What's your strategy for getting through these? I work for myself so time is less of a problem than $$. Is time your main problem to getting them done.. something else?

I enjoy fixing them so I seem to sell everything I finish as I look at it like hey I can make a few bucks doing something I love, but the massive downside to this is my personal arcade and shed is full of half finished junk - junks a bit harsh but yeah unfinished projects.

Anyway I use to get stressed about stuff not being finished, but I don’t anymore as I have everything stored decently so not being damaged further and being preserved and have been to the point a few years ago that I had everything done or on the edge of done but then I started surrounding myself in the shit again so idk just roll with it and remember it’s a hobby and is to be fun not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I have a million projects my stuff always comes last [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says it all right there, if u include other life commitments your stuff unfortunately always comes last

I have everything stored decently so not being damaged further and being preserved...just roll with it and remember it’s a hobby and is to be fun not work.

That's a great attitude to have towards our sometimes overwhelming hobby. Ha. Tubs have helped me immensely :) Big stacks of tubs. lol

Edited by taito

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoy fixing them so I seem to sell everything I finish as I look at it like hey I can make a few bucks doing something I love, but the massive downside to this is my personal arcade and shed is full of half finished junk - junks a bit harsh but yeah unfinished projects.

Anyway I use to get stressed about stuff not being finished, but I don’t anymore as I have everything stored decently so not being damaged further and being preserved and have been to the point a few years ago that I had everything done or on the edge of done but then I started surrounding myself in the shit again so idk just roll with it and remember it’s a hobby and is to be fun not work.

I'm the same. My space limit is 4 cabs. I tend to pick up a cheap 'junker', fix and flip it and pick up another rundown cab to repair. I swear I get my enjoyment out of fixing them rather than actually playing them.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 1 month later...

So there's a few of us imurging from this thread who find the fascination in the repair rather than playing the games. He he. I got all my machines going now and just have a couple of shit*y pcbs to fix. But I got to say... going to wind it back now.. and be very careful at what I take on. Was doing a few boards for extra income but turns out to be a false economy. ..they're somewhat easier for me to repair after all these years but some pcb just take ages and do my head in. So no more... just maintenance from here on in.

A table top multi game and a sprint 2 is enough for me. Not saying I didn't enjoy it at times but game board repair is a tough job if you ask me. It may be different maybe for those left brain types who do long division in their sleep, but I seriously struggle. Thats why I literally lol when someone asks me about their board. ..hoping I'll be able to help them in one or two sentences... Expecting a reply like "Oh it's easy, have you tried this?..or.. it's alway that!", if only. :)