Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Connecting a Desktop PC to a CRT TV.

Genie

Hi fellow AAers ,

Ok I’m not very computer savvy so have a question .....

I’ve pulked out one of my old desktop PCs that’s loaded with retro gaming console programs and games but can’t find the old CRT monitor for it as I believe it’s in my Ex wife’s house & we don’t talk full stop so can’t ask for it. It looks crap on LCD , anyone got any ideas on how I can connect the PC to an old CRT tv that only has white/red/yellow AV points & sVideo? No usb or HDMI ports being an old CRT . Or even better where can I find a CRT PC monitor ?

Thanks in advance for your advice & help.

Cheers

Troy AKA Genie

• Administrators

You can output via s-video if you have a video card with it. I've done it and it looks okay, not great but definitely useable. I've also used a video converter. Got a cheapy from jaycar (about $30.00) and that worked quite well too. As for picking up a CRT monitor, people are generally throwing them out so hard waste, your local Tip shop, gumtree etc.

Brad

You can output via s-video if you have a video card with it. I've done it and it looks okay, not great but definitely useable. I've also used a video converter. Got a cheapy from jaycar (about $30.00) and that worked quite well too. As for picking up a CRT monitor, people are generally throwing them out so hard waste, your local Tip shop, gumtree etc.

Brad

Thanks Brad, will look into those options mate:)