Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Buffer/polisher

I’ve been looking at getting a buffer/polisher for awhile now because the drill buffing wheels that I’m using just aren’t cutting it.

I don’t want to spend to much one one but then again it has to be a reasonable one that can handle the job, I saw this one on EBay and was wondering if anyone knows much about them or can maybe suggest another type.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F281430384312

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Rob

I've mucked around as lot with these. For stainless as you need some grunt. Go for the Rib200hd from trade tools. I bought 2 of the next model down. Doing the job but wish I had that extra oomph.

Forget the cheap ones or you may as well stick with the drill.

Been polishing all morning today.

Here is my one of my Centaur lane guides.

received_481350682275548.thumb.jpeg.9a33e5aeffbb51ce0d99ca7d90bf64df.jpeg

Firepower door[ATTACH]135594[/ATTACH]

Boy they really did come up a treat you’ve gotta be happy with those results, I think I’ll take your advice and go check out total tools next time I’m driving past the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are only about $240 as well. Go for stitched rag and calico wheels with green compound I found works best.

Before buffing hit up with 240 320 600 1000 grit wet and dry with wd40 or some lube.

Finish off with autosol good clean and joker pokers signature red tin...mr sheen

I do a crazy amount of polishing with my resto, and I have a cheapish bench grinder with Polishing spindle and polishing wheel.

You need a good amount of grunt but really the compound is what does the cutting not the polisher. Some people bog down their machines to a point of stupidity when polishing and so over load the motor, thats doing it wrong.

A Good polish wheel, spindle a half decent Bench grinder will do the job for most people.

That's only 600w though which is what I run. The trade tools one is 900w. Makes the work alot easier and quicker but I guess not needed if you have extra time on your hands and you dont mind dragging things out time wise. I like to get in and get things done.

off topic but be careful when polishing chrome, very thin plating and very easy to cut through to the nickel underneath.

once you cut through it really stands out.

personally wouldn't use a wheel for chrome.

nickel and stainless, depending on finish required and what the finish on the item to be polished is like, stitched wheel with compound to suit then soft open mop with green rouge which is purely for finishing off.