Thread: Apple ][ appreciation thread

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2030 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djgra79 View Post
    Hoping this is OK to post here but I faintly recall a game/program we used to use back in primary school on the old IIe (I think) circa 1987, I think it was called "The Factory" or had the word Factory in it. It was a kind of like a puzzle/test in that it showed you a shape and you had to use different machines to replicate the shape/patterns. (rotate, punch out holes, cut to size etc)
    Anyone know what it was actually called or where I might be able to find a copy of it (as an emulation?) TIA
    Can't help you there however anybody remember a Robot game where you built robots in a factory?

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    Can't help you there however anybody remember a Robot game where you built robots in a factory?
    I know it, "Mr Robot & his robot factory".

Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djgra79 View Post
    Hoping this is OK to post here but I faintly recall a game/program we used to use back in primary school on the old IIe (I think) circa 1987, I think it was called "The Factory" or had the word Factory in it. It was a kind of like a puzzle/test in that it showed you a shape and you had to use different machines to replicate the shape/patterns. (rotate, punch out holes, cut to size etc)
    Anyone know what it was actually called or where I might be able to find a copy of it (as an emulation?) TIA
    After a bunch more Googling I found a Reddit thread and burried in it was a link to this youtube video review of the game! FYI for anyone else interested

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2030 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2544 View Post
    I know it, "Mr Robot & his robot factory".
    Hmm doesn't ring a bell. All I remember is there were different parts you could put together and they were fairly large and being at school it had to be educational.

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2030 Post(s)
    1567756923920.jpeg

Some type in corner stress relief

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1493 Post(s)
    More like tedious as hell. I remember doing this on a mates Vic 20. Typing in code for 2 hours, saving then loading, waiting only to get a syntax error . Re=read code to try and fins errors...are the days before being able to compile and check BEFORE attempting to load a programs.

Did this on the C64 too but we found it more fun to make our own stuff up especially in Game Maker etc

brad

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    I typed in a basic Tic Tac Toe program, took hours to type in only to have the program draw or win everytime. You could never win the game so I don't play it.

Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2030 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    More like tedious as hell. I remember doing this on a mates Vic 20. Typing in code for 2 hours, saving then loading, waiting only to get a syntax error . Re=read code to try and fins errors...are the days before being able to compile and check BEFORE attempting to load a programs.

Did this on the C64 too but we found it more fun to make our own stuff up especially in Game Maker etc

brad
    You jinxed me
    I set a goal to type a page out a day and went to save it and got I/O Error

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1493 Post(s)
    You jinxed me
    I set a goal to type a page out a day and went to save it and got I/O Error
    LMAO

It sucks doesn't it

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

This popped up on the Apple II Enthusiasts group on Facebook a couple of weeks back: the BOOTI - a new HDD/disk image card for the Apple II. Made by a guy in Victoria, it plugs into your Apple II (just the C, E & GS I believe) and will happily fire up most .hdv or .2mg files you throw at it. Apparently they're planning to extend that to include .do and other disk images, although apparently it supports some .dsk and .po stuff now.

Pretty easy usage too. Drop it into Slot 7, then plug a USB key with image files on it into the card. Boot it up and press C to enter the slot assigning configuration - from here it's similar to using flashfloppy or the cortex Amiga disk emulator. Reboot once you're done and it'll either auto-boot whatever image you put in slot 1, or press a number to manually fire that image up instead. Any firmware updates are done via the USB stick too, simply copy the updated file onto the stick, load it into a slot and boot it. Run the update tool once the disk loads and you're done!

For $74 posted it's also really affordable compared to wDrive, FloppyEmu, CFFA or Turbo Micro/Drive. If you want one, hit up the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5251...8903126333677/

EExiimTUYAAr4Dx.jpgEExiimTUwAAnYzV.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information