Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Apple ][ appreciation thread

darkjedi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so look want one of these.

Very nice Sir.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks.. Unfortunately they very hard to find in Australia. This /// Plus came from USA but I also have the original revision which was an Australian 240v delivered version with matching monitor ///.

If anyone has a Monitor /// or anything apple /// related let me know.

cheers

PJjXYLa.jpg

BTW if anyone has or knows where I can some early RAM chips used in original version of the apple 3 please PM me... Here is a picture of them - they are essentially 2 4116 ram chips in a single 18 pin dip package.

nwPPpLP.jpg

cheers

Edited by d.c

So I just finished getting an Apple IIe Platinum back to functioning order (barring some keyboard shenanigans), but hit the PAL colour problems that @Arcade King hit in this thread a couple of years back.

iie_calgames.jpg.7fbdadddad3fbde8163a4508fdf2df93.jpg

(funnily enough, California Games is my only original boxed game!)

Torn on if I fix it, or just get the keyboard sorted and get it ready to move on (as I've got an NTSC IIe + a IIgs here anyway!).

Also need to look into why the 5.25" Apple FDD I've got for it doesn't drive the motor. That may end up being beyond me sadly :(

• Administrators

Its funny you mentioned that old post. Now I have a working A2M6021x monitor I had to revert my platinum back however no idea what I did with the original crystal :( luckily I bought a spare motherboard a few years back...still annoying though.

Hope you keep the Platinum IMO the best of the Apple II's. I just need an mouse and interface card to complete mine...

If you get rid of that disk drive let me know I'll buy it off ya.

The Duodisk you mean? That one's a keeper. The single drive that isn't working properly (it's spinning now, but won't read) I think will end up being kept for parts.

Progress on the Platinum - Have 4 keys (down from 8!) that don't work. Isopropyl + just working the mech fixed half, but the rest will likely need removal and straightening pins out :/

Its funny you mentioned that old post.

So speaking of that thread, my Plat has mainboard revision 607-0288E - That'll exclude me from doing your trick with the crystal, yeah?

• Administrators

Yes it was to bring it back to NTSC 60htz.

I've got a 13" JVC monitor that does PAL/NTSC I could only get colour on it after the crystal change but now I have an Apple A2M6021x NTSC 50 monitor its no longer needed.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Just a heads up

IMAG0166.thumb.jpg.74b132c9a486f760df94ee7d67dc5086.jpg

If you have a Microdrive Turbo and a programmer Henry Courbis is looking for beta testers for new firmware for the Apple iie.

I bought one for my IIGS a few years back but it never played nice with the Transwarp GS I got so I ended up getting a CFFA 3000.

Normally you'd need to buy a separate rom to use the Microdrive on a Apple IIe but since this thing was doing nothing I contacted him and gave it a go.

IMAG0170.thumb.jpg.0748f4ec048831c168b8c4e4efeac7b4.jpg IMAG0171.thumb.jpg.492abca9bbae1551dd21d8f336fa9630.jpg

Installed in slot 7 with the 32 meg drive image from the Reactivemicro site everything works great. Super convenient!

Just a heads up

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149359

If you have a Microdrive Turbo and a programmer Henry Courbis is looking for beta testers for new firmware for the Apple iie.

I bought one for my IIGS a few years back but it never played nice with the Transwarp GS I got so I ended up getting a CFFA 3000.

Normally you'd need to buy a separate rom to use the Microdrive on a Apple IIe but since this thing was doing nothing I contacted him and gave it a go.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149360 https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149361

Installed in slot 7 with the 32 meg drive image from the Reactivemicro site everything works great. Super convenient!

@bigtrev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lego 1038-1 buggy kit running off my Enhanced Apple //e.

Thanks to @darkjedi for getting the ball rolling on this one. He supplied the interface card.

The black box and Lego set were bought on eBay as separate lots and the missing parts from the set were bought on Bricklink.

I managed to find the software online and transferred it to the Apple using ADT Pro, the Dell laptop in the top left of the video, a Super Serial Card in the Apple with a null modem cable connecting the two computers.

I've since ordered more motors, some lights, touch sensors and optical sensors with encoder wheels and more cables for it. All I need to find now are more Lego Technic pieces.

I've got it set up in the Not For Profit Makerspace I'm running for members to play with.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My IIgs lives! Picked up a universal PSU from Retroactive Micro a while back after I nuked the original one. Only took me a couple of months to get to that part of my project pile, and happy it's all up and running (ish). From here I need to: Sort out finding a suitable monitor to use with it, replace the battery, and figure out how the hell to use a IIgs.

Is fairly well specced out too - Has a modern 4mb RAM expansion card already in it, along with the MicroDrive. Forgot that I've got a display port > VGA dongle here which should sort out the video output, so that just leaves me with learning how to use the bloody thing...

EAfhLzPUwAEYBdF.thumb.jpg.823567db0340a7205a5563ff79f7a31f.jpg EAfhLzPVAAEz-C4.thumb.jpg.4d53f8b4b4751da4a7355abe90587a21.jpg

My little IIehttps://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150490

Sent from my HTC 10 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

- - - Updated - - -

oh and 10 points for anybody who can guess the game.

no 10 points for me, don't remember playing that one.

You all have inspired me to repair some of the Apple 2's I have been collecting.

Will also repair a commodore 1081 I have also to test this pal system on.. hoping it supports 50hz pal that is.

Will be a nice change form all the macbook boards I have been repairing.... old school.. yeah!