Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

EM wood ball guide re finishing

how did these turn out Rob?

Hey Jason

I haven’t really progressed very far with them it took me nearly a week doing a bit here and there to get off all the lacquer and then sand them all back, and after that I’d had enough of them for awhile so I started on doing some other bits and pieces,

I still have to hit Bunnings and get the spray clear for them and I promise I’ll do them soon and post up the results.

While I’m on the subject with the clear there was gloss which is what I was going to use then there was ultra gloss, what’s the difference isn’t gloss just gloss? And which would be best

6815ee278285de882b22da0c60ca2009.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yer agree with above that the Ultra gloss is too shinny.

The gloss in the monocel range has good shine.

I have used Ultragloss a few times for certain jobs, but I use Gloss more often, I feel the gloss would be more suitable for what your using it on as that is what id use if I was doing the job, that or Satin if you were going a subtle finish. Obviously thats not glossy, but both those options would be good for that job IMO.

this is done with gloss.

selectem.jpg.11da8b011daf9205e7f961d8ebf94040.jpg

on a side note

If you decide you want to stain it before gloss I like to use these little stains, I give the bare timber a wipe over lightly with some of that tint on napkin paper.

looks amazing once cleared, there are other colours than this, Im just using it for showing brand.

I hate premixed clears with tints in them, I like staining the timber first before clear

https://www.bunnings.com.au/feast-watson-50ml-walnut-prooftint-interior-stain_p1569964

If your wondering why I say napkin paper over cloth, I find it gives a more even stain and uses less than cloth, cloth obsorbs more than is needed, it uses very little stain with that stuff.

The only time i dont use that tint is when Im doing french polish as the finish coat, the tint being metho based and also french polish being metho based, sees the french polish remove the stain, so with french polish i use Water based stains, Which are a f--kn night mare to apply nicely.So stay away from water based if you decide to stain with a clear like that

Edited by jason1