Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mitsubishi/NEC Diamond Pro 91TXM 21" PC CRTmonitor - serial software needed

buttersoft

Question

I picked up the monitor in the title, and it has dynamic convergence issues. It also has a serial port in the back. Assuming that accessing this port will give me magical control of voltages, convergence, and the US stock market (hey, Sony WinDAS works for the first two) i am hunting far and wide for it. Mitsubishi Electric (Australia) now does airconditioners, and the guy who used to be their CRT contact says they've archived exactly squat, so no luck there.

Given that Big M and NEC used to go halvesies in CRT models on occasion, i was going to try NEC next, but NEC Aus are now a cloud-based IT solutions provider. Gee.

I have the service manual (if anyone wants it let me know and i'll upload) and it has the pinout for the mini-din8 port, and speaks of a Serial Interface Kit that can be obtained from my Authorised Mitsubishi Dealer, so i'll just pop back to 1996...

Any leads or ideas? @Jomac do you know anyone who might know anyone, like Rick Nieman mb? @NEO-GEO Man you know their projectors inside out, how about this stuff? I'm not the type to start bit-banging, though i doubt much more than that would be required.

Edited by Arcade King
Fixed Mentions

11 answers to this question

Have never seen one of these myself , never did a lot of PC monitor work because unlike the TV market at the time PC monitor servicing was pretty closed shop.

I doubt Rick Nieman would know anything about them , he does pretty much what I do concerning monitors but he deals more with the US made stuff and very little Jap stuff that I do like Nanao Etc.

When I was doing a heap of TV repairs I was a member of EFIL which was a repair data base built by all TV and Monitor Techs around Australia and maintained by a company called EFIL Solutions Pty Ltd , there was a specific PC monitor section , well basically the most comprehensive repair / service database ever compiled , as far as I'm aware it finished up in 2007.

If you can contact anyone from there you see all the Authors in the chosen fields that should lead you to what you are looking for.

I have the service manual (if anyone wants it let me know and i'll upload) and it has the pinout for the mini-din8 port, and speaks of a Serial Interface Kit that can be obtained from my Authorised Mitsubishi Dealer, so i'll just pop back to 1996...

Hi, I apologise for digging up such an old topic. I have this monitor as well. Having some issues and need to take it apart. Could you upload the service manual? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Ah, well, that may take a while. The office building i work in burst a fire main on the roof, and they're not letting anyone in until they assess the damage and stuff. So even if i wasn't working from home I can't get to a decent scanner right now. If you haven't heard from me in say, three weeks @Impulse921 please post again to remind me.

I never did find the software, let alone whatever license or dongles might be needed.

• Like 1

Hi, I apologise for digging up such an old topic. I have this monitor as well. Having some issues and need to take it apart. Could you upload the service manual? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hi @Impulse921

Well, we finally got back into the office a few weeks ago, and i finally remembered to scan the service manual. I've left it in several chunks - one for the main manual, and separate PDF files of four pages each for the schematics. Those were A2 sheets and i had to scan each in four parts.

This should be the service manual for both the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 91TXM and the Diamond View 2195 - chassis TFW9105Series

https://anonfiles.com/1751O7Ifpa/Mitsubishi_Diamond_Pro_91TXM_Diamond_View_2195_Service_Manual_zip

Hope it helps!

Edited by buttersoft

Errr, i don't seem to have saved a copy either. That's not like me. I'll go through my USB disks in case, but i think it's gone.

Sadly the orignal was in bad shape, and scanning it pretty much destroyed it, so it went into the recycling 😕