Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Novus

At a recent hosueball i was introduced to the magical "Novus". Just went to get some off EBay however came across it comes in types 1,2 & 3. Is there a particular one that is the unanimous choice ?
They are related but different products with different uses, like different grits in sand paper:

3 for deep scratches, quite abrasive

2 for small scratches, a little abrasive

1 to finish and shine, not abrasive

In my experience 3 is not frequently used in pinball. I only use 2 when I do a full strip and clean of a filthy machine. I use 1 when I'm polishing plastics.

They are related but different products with different uses, like different grits in sand paper:

3 for deep scratches, quite abrasive

2 for small scratches, a little abrasive

1 to finish and shine, not abrasive

In my experience 3 is not frequently used in pinball. I only use 2 when I do a full strip and clean of a filthy machine. I use 1 when I'm polishing plastics.

Cheers mate - these guys were using it on a play field, I'm assuming that it was most likely #2 for that? Mainly what i am using it for

Cheers mate - these guys were using it on a play field, I'm assuming that it was most likely #2 for that? Mainly what i am using it for
Yes, #2 is great for cleaning a playfield if you need to use something abrasive. Once it's been cleaned though I don't find that I need to use Novus very often at all.

I usually start with a vacuum. Microfibre cloth. Then naphtha (shellite). Anything that doesn't get off I might try Novus #2 . Deep ball swirl won't come out without removing part or all of the top coat so I usually leave it. Wax with pure carnauba paste wax.

I'm only working on older machines. Diamond coated playfields (Terminator 2?) and beyond might be different. They'll certainly hold up to the use of Novus #2 better, but I still would not use it as my every time cleaner.

Agreed, novus 2 to clean up something really bad, don’t use it every time.

For maintenance I use Mr Sheen to clean and polish everything including rubbers and Novus 1 to clean the flipper rubbers (they don’t behave the same w mr sheen eg post pass is ruined).