Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Attract-Mode not saving changes

Hi all,

I am running Attract-Mode on my Raspberry Pi 3 and have connected 2 wired PS3 controllers to the USB ports on the Pi. I have mapped the analog sticks and buttons in Attract-Mode for navigating the menu and it all works perfectly. However, if I reboot or shut down the Pi, on the next restart of Attract-Mode, all of the PS3 controller mappings have gone :( Any ideas why this is happening, and how to prevent it?

Cheers,

Matthew

i seem to remember a long time ago, you had to remap the key bindings with retroarch/retropi for them to be saved, then switch back to attractmode and they will transfer across.

maybe try that?

D.

i seem to remember a long time ago, you had to remap the key bindings with retroarch/retropi for them to be saved, then switch back to attractmode and they will transfer across.

maybe try that?

D.

Thanks for your reply @Dam0 but I don't use retroarch or retropi so I wouldn't know where to start? :redface

Cheers,

Matthew

• Administrators
Solved. I modified the Attract-Mode config file by manually inserting the inputs for the PS3 controller. No idea why it doesn’t save the config when the changes are made from within Attract-Mode’s GUI, but at least it is working now :)

Cheers,

Matthew

Sounds like a write permissions issue. Since the I'm assuming the Rpi is using a linux OS, Atrract Mode would need to run as root or be able to elevate using sudo. Even if running a Windows OS it would need write permissions though

Brad