Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The history of Ms. Pac-Man arcade documentary

Well done on making the video. Interesting at 4:29 in your video, the maze shown does not exist in the release version of arcade Ms Pac-man, yet your video makes out it was in the game.

At 5:27, Ms Pac-man "even outselling the original Pac-man", not sure what you mean here. Pac-man 400,000 arcade units sold vs Ms Pac-man 115,000 arcade units.

IMO Ms Pac-man defined the golden age arcade era, much better than pattern world Pac-man. A very well written program with smooth movement, great colours, and a great arcade challenge. Without the developers of Crazy Otto and Bally Midway boldly taking on the project without permission from Namco, we would not have seen this game. Namco was surely eventually grateful to have this developed outside of Japan, considering it's great success.

What inspired you to produce this video?

:)

Well done on making the video. Interesting at 4:29 in your video, the maze shown does not exist in the release version of arcade Ms Pac-man, yet your video makes out it was in the game.

At 5:27, Ms Pac-man "even outselling the original Pac-man", not sure what you mean here. Pac-man 400,000 arcade units sold vs Ms Pac-man 115,000 arcade units.

IMO Ms Pac-man defined the golden age arcade era, much better than pattern world Pac-man. A very well written program with smooth movement, great colours, and a great arcade challenge. Without the developers of Crazy Otto and Bally Midway boldly taking on the project without permission from Namco, we would not have seen this game. Namco was surely eventually grateful to have this developed outside of Japan, considering it's great success.

What inspired you to produce this video?

:)

One of the articles I read when I researched the video said that Ms. Pac-Man even outsold Pac-Man because of the female gamer interest.

What prompted me to do this video is that if you look at the history of all of my documentaries, and I've done 20 so far is that I always find something interesting to talk about. The crazy Otto story appealed to me and I thought my viewers would like it as well.

Hey there - I really enjoyed the video. Especially the samples of the conversions.

As far as “outselling” while PAC-MAN May have had more machines, I could debate that Ms. made more money for owners/operators but I have no stats to back that up.

[ATTACH]141926[/ATTACH]

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

Thanks for the kind words. Ms. Pac-Man definitely made a boatload of money

- - - Updated - - -

Love your docos, keep 'em coming please!

Glad you like them. Please subscribe and share my channel thanks