Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CFTBL appreciation club

Budgie

I have been quietly developing and now have completed the proto Snackbar Mod v4, which turned out nicely with the new magnetic lockdown feature and also with improved top lighting.

The lighting, decal and outer look is 98% the same, EXCEPT there is now no lock in screw on the front anymore and the other photo shows the lighting feature "on" now lighting up the top nicely. The mod is held down with magnets and makes for an easy process to remove to service / clean etc. Big thanks to @J_M_ (for being my best customer as he has already bought every version of Snackbar - big Thank You) for the comment a while back as it spurred me on to develop this new concept.

I also now finally have my website up and running which will have the new manual there soon in the RESOURCE section.

https://swinks.com.au/

thanks for looking

magnets are a great idea

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Picked up my BG :) Good to catch up with Nino to. In person it looks fantastic can’t wait to put it in my game.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191114/f289bb7b95ee3532ece02be337da2f2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what about the channel and surrounds? how much for those?

CFTBL appreciation club

Had a look tonight and I’m gunna leave fitting the BG until the weekend not when I’m tired after work lol. I just want to make sure there’s clearance from the globes and so on. Actually I just notice this plastic thingy that’s been rubbing on my Translite:( what is it?

54c6183c031283d54ee32d9996ed0b40.jpg

Had a look tonight and I’m gunna leave fitting the BG until the weekend not when I’m tired after work lol. I just want to make sure there’s clearance from the globes and so on. Actually I just notice this plastic thingy that’s been rubbing on my Translite:( what is it?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191114/54c6183c031283d54ee32d9996ed0b40.jpg

It’s a protective stopper for when you swing open the insert board, so that you don’t damage any of the globes on the edge of the backbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to put the trim on today but it’s real tight. I’m told heating up the trim will help them slide on but that worries me lol. The trim I have is off the original with a translite I’m wondering if trim is different for a “real” BG?

Tried to put the trim on today but it’s real tight. I’m told heating up the trim will help them slide on but that worries me lol. The trim I have is off the original with a translite I’m wondering if trim is different for a “real” BG?
I am guessing they a different because the BG would be a few mm thicker than the translite .. given you have both probs worth measuring if you havent already. Still keen to see pics of it in your machine once you have it sorted [emoji16]

Ok decided to grab the heat gun out today and try and fit the trim :)After some terrifying moments pointing a heat gun at a near $500 glass I managed to get them on and man they are tight but on. Thoughts on Backglass: well it is darker but really suits the Creature theme and does look fantastic, I have Coloured LED’s behind so maybe with clear it would brighten up but I’m happy how it looks. It does have a couple of imperfections there seems to be a few spots of mirror paint in one corner I’d say that happened with they applied the mirror finish paint and it splattered a little but having said that I’m a perfectionist and I have learnt that in pinball nothings perfect so I’m at piece with them lol it’s not really worth worrying about to be honest. I tried to take a picture but I get window glare so I’ll take more pictures tonight.

3108e419a73bde64c8ed8087ac6e1100.jpg6d41a06ec59907964f055c60e5e869cd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After using the heat gun on my BG trim I got it out again and used it on my wrinkled side art edges and with a little care it’s come up so much better. I’m no expert but the wrinkles sort of melted against the wood and being black they look so much better. I added Jeff’s leg protectors and it looks tons better.

All I really need now is cabinet art blades but I’m undecided what to buy.

Well after hunting through my spares I found a new power tap to get 5vdc for the RGB lighting from Kimball's Pinball (DK Custom Pinball brand)

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/dk-pinball/

and got a chance to add the RGB lighting effect to the Neon in the Snackbar Mod v4 which as a concept looks awesome. The downside is I wanted to keep it simpler with just connecting to playfield lighting socket but no such luck as all GI and lights that stay on for a while are 5vac and all flashing lights are 6.3vdc unless I missed something.

For the v4 mod I will have to work out a price for this lighting option and there is no reason why the guys with a Snackbar v2 & v3 could add this to their game as well - I will create a small manual soon.

• Like 1