Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CFTBL appreciation club

Budgie

It's interesting reading all these posts on Creech and how peoples tastes differ on how they like theirs to look, very cool, I picked one up about 18 months ago, completely original, it was utter filth but once I cleaned it, re rubbered and fixed a few switches, could not believe how well it came up and no wear on the playfield, then I set on putting LEDs throughout and a Colour dmd, I played it for while and really did not like the way it looked, out came the colour dmd, out came the LEDs put in mirror blades, old dmd, new incandescent bulbs, left in the trough light and LED strip light up the top of the playfield, and a pink Cadillac added. Hologram is still working but he's disappearing slowly into the abyss. Thats the way I like my Creech [emoji16]1548112054215.thumb.jpeg.703938d712e80e7fac3804ff2d5ad85d.jpeg1548112212534.thumb.jpeg.5bd9633869429a27496f48f9add8bb35.jpeg

@Jodannar @Budgie .

Mine had a very similar wear 10 years ago and I got around it by buying a FILM decal from Classic Arcades and put a post out for a paint match for the Aqua colour on what was then google rec. pinball until it evolved to Pinside. A very kind fella sent me a little vial of touchup paint for that worn area for absolutely NIX. I offered to pay for at least the freight but nup.

My point is the colour is very close to an early American tractor colour. I googled Alvis but that's not it.

Between the decal and my touchup its been there for about 10 years.

Only problem is being an older overlay even with superbright led's the FILM doesn't pop and occasionally with a slow ball in the return lane it hangs up on the edge of the decal. Maybe things have evolved.

- - - Updated - - -

A pic of my 10 year ago repair. No mylar involved but still going ok.

You can see the flipper drag line above the RHS top of the windscreen and that's the minute part I needed the paint. I did the windscreen brow in enamel (I think) and with the decal it was all pretty close. imagine what you can do now.

P1110574.thumb.jpg.aa855db395046f9ea78315c3446a7666.jpg

Love my creech, have color DMD, the V2 snack bar mod, drive in speaker, teal bumper caps with 4+1 leds, changed a lot of star posts to teal too, recently fitted a playfield protector which really looks good - playfield generally very good except for some wear around the snack bar hole. The protector really reduces the ball travel from being affected over the hologram window IMG_1220.thumb.jpg.08153042b8778134c5d8c14968955b8c.jpgIMG_0380.thumb.jpg.f0f9acb16ce9569a9318598d71921109.jpg

I bought my Creech from Luke in March 2012 for $3100 :)

Naturally Luke had already blinged it out a fair bit with Chrome side rails, chrome shooter rod, Chrome lockdown bar, Chrome leg bolts , Deluxe speaker grill, green ramp and bowl lamps, leds throughout, Pink Caddy, Pinball Pro backbox speakers, Mirror blades, Green undercab lighting , Lazeriffic topper, lights in Pop bumpers.

I have since added Dann's Aussie LCD mod, Swinky's Snack Bar V1 (with his latest Snack Bar sign mod) , Swinks shooter surround ,Pinsound board and a green start button and teal bumper caps , green post rubbers and the flowerpot rubber that was missing which really helped with less centre drains .

A few years back I purchased new Decals in an AA group buy which one day I will have time to instal and I also would like to do the car tail light/moon mod too.

As I think Kurt has already said , Pinsound is an awesome mod for Creech .

Here are a couple of pics

- - - Updated - - -

460526684_Creechcab.thumb.jpg.288058b528f3e0c1a0b2251948fe5f05.jpg

492487529_Creechplayfieldlit.thumb.jpg.711c82bc2f0835db27432b1bb437cf3b.jpg

Edited by goodolddays

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...