Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Which machine, Roadshow or Fish Tales?

Depends on what you want. Road Show has a heap going on, lots of modes and stuff to shoot for. It's a cracking game.

Fish Tales is purely a simple flow game. Ramps 6 times, monster fish, repeat. I enjoy both of them, but they are both very different games.

For a 10 game collection, I would go Fish Tales, as I assume you already have a lot of games with lots of stuff to shoot for. Fish Tales is just simple fun that keeps you coming back, and anyone can play it and know what to do.

Agree with what Pat said. My recommendation is FT. Although simple it's quite hard. If you get to super jackpot you've had a cracking game.

If you kids are still liking NGG, then I'd say they'll also like FT.

I've owned them both. It depends on what you need in your collection.

Fish tales - Fun game you can just have a quick, fast and flowing game on. A game you can always switch on and be satisfied.

Roadshow - Awesome game with lots and lots going on but one you'll turn too if you want to have a long session and see how far you can get through the linear ruleset. You may not return to it in a hurry however because unless you're a wizard you'll find yourself doing the same 3 or 4 towns over and over

and it will be a bit repetitive. There is no option for a quick game on this one, maybe someone should do a mod that saves high scores for each town (ala Metallica)

Both games are classics but on different sides of the spectrum. I'd go with Road Show.

You could probably divide most titles pre-modern Stern into similar categories and it would depend what you have more of.

Ive had both and one of them ( Fishy ) was a hot rodded pin, would never own either again. Jmho. But if i must choose it would probably be the RS as the kids and missus liked it. If fishy is set up properly and has the lightening flippers it can be fairly brutal, so if you got kids etc etc ide go RS. I think there are more parts available for fishy like ramps etc, good luck finding a RS without the fish insert wear or blast hole damage.

Roadshow for me, great shots and as other have said lots to do!

Linear rules don't bother me as the modes are all short and some are quite funny, the taxi driver and porta potti come to mind.

Could never get into Fish Tales personally.

I've had both games here for quite some time and both are pretty good examples IMO:redface

But,

The games that get played more frequently of late by all and sundry are Fathom, Captain Fantastic, Flash Gordon and Williams rancho. My four DMD's look pretty but....

• 2 weeks later...

Which machine, Roadshow or Fish Tales?

Roadshow for sure...and get a Pinsound board because that country and western song it plays grates on your after a while and you’ll want to do something about It.

There are a ton of Fishtales pinball around. Everybody has or had one at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 weeks later...