Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sanwa joystick micro switches

mrjamma

Question

Hey all

What do you guys do when a micro switch starts playing up on one of your sanwa sticks (i think its a JLF).

Do you de solder from the PCB and change the one/all 4 at the same time, or buy a ready-to-go pcb replacement? The current ones are Omron

Also, is there anywhere local which sells individual switches which solder onto the pcb? I found some switch options on aliexpress or a few sites in the US, but high shipping.

thanks all

Edited by mrjamma

3 answers to this question

Hey all

What do you guys do when a micro switch starts playing up on one of your sanwa sticks (i think its a JLF).

Do you de solder from the PCB and change the one/all 4 at the same time, or buy a ready-to-go pcb replacement? The current ones are Omron

Also, is there anywhere local which sells individual switches which solder onto the pcb? I found some switch options on aliexpress or a few sites in the US, but high shipping.

thanks all

I'm not sure about fixing them, but I have a pair that I'm not planning on using if you're interested. I'll pull them out of the shed and take a picture so you can confirm they're what you need if you're interested.

Update:

Found the part numbers for the original Sanwa sticks: Omron V-01-3D5-A

Called Omron's office locally, they looked up the part and interestingly said they were made for Sega

They said they didn't have any in the country, and would not be worthwhile buying them locally i.e. they come in boxes of 100 with minimum ordering amounts to bring them over

In the end, just ordered from aliexpress

cheers all