Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wpc game settings on ft goes awol

Railways

Question

Getting my games ready for pinfest and have deliberately left fishtales to last as it rarely needs a lot.

My problem is in setting the game to medium play. I've gone into factory presets and it's set on extra hard. I've reset to medium. Exited and started a game and it feels no different. Back into the menu and it now says medium, hard and extra hard are now installed. Wtf??

Tried manually setting features to medium like ramp time as they were all off as well but only by an increment or two.

Have tried resetting ribbons and even new batteries ( that shouldn't matter though).

Am I dealing with a crazy rom maybe??

13 answers to this question

Been down this silly path more times than I wish to admit to. Go into Utilities and change the settings. If no luck try unselecting what you don't want.

If all else fails and it does, factory reset and then into utilities only this time don't select more than one setting.

Last but not least if all fails, pull the battery and proceed to reprogram to your desired settings.

I'm pretty sure you get these, "if all else fails" when you have manually set one or more feature changes manually in game features when in the utilities you have selected a setting that differs from your manual settings.

Thanks Steve but done that already.

Basically what ever I select, it won't retain. As I mentioned above, I've deselected extra hard and selected medium, exited out, turned off game. Wait 30 seconds , turn game on and go into utilities and its got medium , hard and extra hard installed.

Same goes if I try and select a feature back to its factory setting. It won't retain it in its memory.

Quick question.

Is it a European game and is the coin door closing on the memory protect switch (not the coil cutoff)

Have had a weird issue once before where the game wouldn’t take certain settings. So rigged up something to always hold the switch in and that fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question.

Is it a European game and is the coin door closing on the memory protect switch (not the coil cutoff)

Have had a weird issue once before where the game wouldn’t take certain settings. So rigged up something to always hold the switch in and that fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Edy. As far as I know its an OZ machine and I've had it since '95. The Label on the back says 220V, 50Hz. It is however running chip P-4 which after talking to Ken about this problem may possibly be corrupt so we are trying a chip replacement to L-5 to see if things change.

Being a Fish Tales it doesn't have the coil power cancel switch, only the coin door open switch so I'll go and try what you've mentioned but surely it should still retain specific settings regardless if door is open or closed???. My other WPC's are OK. But I'll try it any way out of curiousity.

P1100972.JPG.92dc1954845df2f372c66fb1f9900af0.JPG

Should be able to reset to factory and see what coinage comes up. All our Aussie Fishtales would come up Aussie dollar pricing. Prior to dedicated Aussie pricing on the game chips all Aussie imports of previous games would come up with German coinage and you had to change it but Fishtales definitely had Aussie pricing standard if it truly is an Australian machine.

Thanks everyone for the input.

The problem is now fixed and running ticketty-boo:D. A L-5 chip arrived in the post today from @Skybeaux (Thanks Ken) and it's running and holding its correct settings now.

Medium set all the way for our Pinfest patrons. Just a quick clean and some fresh balls and I think I'm done.

Thanks everyone for the input.

The problem is now fixed and running ticketty-boo:D. A L-5 chip arrived in the post today from @Skybeaux (Thanks Ken) and it's running and holding its correct settings now.

Medium set all the way for our Pinfest patrons. Just a quick clean and some fresh balls and I think I'm done.

How many pins from your line up going Pinfest this year Jeff?

How many pins from your line up going Pinfest this year Jeff?

4 sir. 3 in the room and 1 reserve in the car incase of any pins having an early retirement or Nanny Nap:(

Could be one of mine or anyones elses for that matter. Picking which one will fail 1st is harder than picking the winner at Bathurst 1000.

Edited by Railways

I find it hard to believe this problem has been sitting on a machine from the day it was built though and while a chip change has fixed it, I still question why do no body ever noticed it before?.

Still, it is fixed now and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Another fine @Railways machine to play at PinFest I say.

Yep a bit of a mystery but I've had this game for over twenty two years and it hasn't always had this bug. I only noticed it when I was going over the game pre- Pinfest and resetting audits and the like and just went in to make sure it was set on medium everything. For one reason or another the chip has been corrupted or whatever in the last year or so ??. May have even been just a dirty leg on the chip and co-incidentally fitting a clean new chip has solved the problem.

The only major thing I've done to this in the last 3 years is fit a colour DMD.

One of life's mysteries I guess but the important thing is its getting a clean today and we are good to go.