Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Removing monitor & chassis from Astro City

felixthadog

Question

5 answers to this question

Yep you need to do it via the access panel on the rear of the cab. A bit of a tight space on the Astro 1's to get it out of the access panel , but youll get it out :D

A couple of screws to remove the back panel, then you should see the the shield around the neck board. Once that shields removed (screws will be visible which hold it to a steel bar which goes across), you should have a LOT better visibility to go from there. Dont forget to discharge of course. If you get stuck, chuck a picture up of where u get stuck and maybe we can guide from there.

Best of luck

Edit: Briefly looked for a pic for the Astro 1, but couldnt find anything quickly

I have a pic of my Astro 2 - a lot more room to work with - but to give you an idea see below. Once that shields out of the way, your visibility and removal process should be a breeze

monitor.jpg

Yep you need to do it via the access panel on the rear of the cab. A bit of a tight space on the Astro 1's to get it out of the access panel , but youll get it out :D

A couple of screws to remove the back panel, then you should see the the shield around the neck board. Once that shields removed (screws will be visible which hold it to a steel bar which goes across), you should have a LOT better visibility to go from there. Dont forget to discharge of course. If you get stuck, chuck a picture up of where u get stuck and maybe we can guide from there.

Best of luck

Edit: Briefly looked for a pic for the Astro 1, but couldnt find anything quickly

I have a pic of my Astro 2 - a lot more room to work with - but to give you an idea see below. Once that shields out of the way, your visibility and removal process should be a breeze

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141530[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the tips and photo. On my Exceleena, the monitor & chassis can be removed as 1 unit from the front of the cab - is it not the same with the Astro City? The idea of discharging the tube through the rear access panel is freaking me out!

Cheers,

Matthew

Once that shields off, youll easily see the anode cup to be able to discharge it against that main steel frame.

With astro, to remove the chassis and tube as one is a bit of work and heavy in contrast to just taking out chassis. From memory, Would need to:

Unscrew the rear-top speaker grille and remove it

lift open control panel, disconnect speaker connection

take of the screws holding down the monitor surround plastic to the frame - visible with control panel opened

Lift off the monitor surrounding plastic/bezel with speakers as one piece

Then youll see the bolts for the entire monitor frame to unbolt it.

Cant remember on top of head what plugs/connectors need to be unplugged to remove entire lot out of the base as well but youd work it out