Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 9 ~ Alien Syndrome (closes 3-Feb)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MGLXXXVIII - Game 9 ~ Alien Syndrome (closes 3-Feb)

Almost forgot about this game! This was a great game but was also right around the decline of arcades. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat kept arcades going but they never reached peaks from 81-85.

Edited by BandontheRun

This run is being submitted to TG. Not happy with it but i also broke the game so my uncare goes hand-in-hand with the outcome

edit upon further inspection it looks like pete's run "with breaking the game" is the same as mine. Ugh. Now i have to play it again...not submitting this run but will submit a video to this site when its done rendering.

0008.png.75de9cdcd7254d3a41c4bb1a163fb101.png

this one is going to TG but i am still not happy with it. Started playing at 5am as i couldn't sleep. Semi-joke run but my focus and concentration was at around 70%. Couldnt time bosses correctly. All but threw in the towel after getting to the boss battle on stage 30. Clammed up. Oh well. Goal was 3m. It wasn't pretty but we did it.

3015500.png.a3fe04dbd6c0711f4c46d4c9519962c8.png

this one is going to TG but i am still not happy with it. Started playing at 5am as i couldn't sleep. Semi-joke run but my focus and concentration was at around 70%. Couldnt time bosses correctly. All but threw in the towel after getting to the boss battle on stage 30. Clammed up. Oh well. Goal was 3m. It wasn't pretty but we did it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141961[/ATTACH]

Great score. Well done. You guys aren’t playing for 2nd afterall. Like I said, nothing is impossible in gaming.

Here is my score from earlier. I won't be posting it to TG because i need submission points. As i have mentioned i do not care for submitting scores unless provoked or challenged and with having to review scores or be part of the community - it just does not interest me.

It will probably be a while before it renders on googles end and viewable.

Better version still trying to figure out best rendering methods.

Edited by TodayIsForgotten

Pessimeister: 438, 900

0017.png.63a210581416b767b0fd267fa76d2f91.png

Huge thanks to TIF for the video. It helped me identify a couple of key things to improve in my game which I was ignorant of:

1) The big bonuses for killing bosses with 0 time left. I'd never tried doing this before to be honest until now. :)

2) The 100,000 point extra life exploit illustrated in round 3 in the video. Very interesting! This certainly adds strategic depth for players to try and pull off.

Edited by Pessimeister

Pessimeister: 438, 900

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141975[/ATTACH]

Huge thanks to TIF for the video. It helped me identify a couple of key things to improve in my game which I was ignorant of:

1) The big bonuses for killing bosses with 1 second left. I'd never tried doing this before to be honest until now. :)

2) The 100,000 point extra life exploit illustrated in round 3 in the video. Very interesting! This certainly adds strategic depth for players to try and pull off.

Did you manage any 0-kill timers?

The 6-man was just a what-if and then it worked...haha.

Round 6 boss. Just can't seem to kill the bastard thanks to the dozens of "Mr Potato Heads" chasing me around and taking priority over shooting at the boss. In this game I lost 4 lives here. Each and every failed attempt sends my blood pressure sky high and leaves me a furious, trembling mess screaming obscenities at the screen and fighting my body's natural desire to hurl my joystick across the room. Also known as stress. I've watched both TIF and Salim Farhat's recordings but it isn't helping and yes I am using the laser. Just not using it very well.

Gaming is supposed to be fun :shrug:

aliensyn.png.e32f052d6cead7899cc2159892820c9e.png

Round 6 boss. Just can't seem to kill the bastard thanks to the dozens of "Mr Potato Heads" chasing me around and taking priority over shooting at the boss. In this game I lost 4 lives here. Each and every failed attempt sends my blood pressure sky high and leaves me a furious, trembling mess screaming obscenities at the screen and fighting my body's natural desire to hurl my joystick across the room. Also known as stress. I've watched both TIF and Salim Farhat's recordings but it isn't helping and yes I am using the laser. Just not using it very well.

Gaming is supposed to be fun :shrug:

I haven’t seen their game play, so may be it’s what and when you shoot, and where you go ... :unsure

Finally!!!

Mission accomplished!!!!

Round 4 on the second loop.

That'll probably do for me. I've achieved what I set out to do and don't want to raise my stress levels into the stratosphere again. My joystick is very lucky to have survived this MGL and will enjoy a well earned rest. As will I :sleep

alie0000.png.bebe5bfa710d0b3a6fbd31a96d823636.png

aliensyn.png.37af90423cdd97207dce95cb862cb89a.png

Finally!!!

Mission accomplished!!!!

Round 4 on the second loop.

That'll probably do for me. I've achieved what I set out to do and don't want to raise my stress levels into the stratosphere again. My joystick is very lucky to have survived this MGL and will enjoy a well earned rest. As will I :sleep

Nice photo, is that you on the right? Surely not on the left. Good stuff on your score ... :026: