Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 9 ~ Alien Syndrome (closes 3-Feb)

Finally!!!

Mission accomplished!!!!

Round 4 on the second loop.

That'll probably do for me. I've achieved what I set out to do and don't want to raise my stress levels into the stratosphere again. My joystick is very lucky to have survived this MGL and will enjoy a well earned rest. As will I :sleep

Nice work! I'm just a tad behind you.. hope to do the same sometime next week when I have time to play it more.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142154[/ATTACH]

Minor improvement... I gotta practice the round 4 boss. :D

The bosses in this game are definitely a big problem ... :021:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 11 of 17 ...

Oe4O0Hi.png

Alien syndrome? What syndrome?

JsY8CCS.gif

:)

Pessimeister: 499, 400

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142240[/ATTACH]

Got the zero time bonuses for level 1 & 2 but severely bollocksed it up on levels 3 & 4.

Save yourself the trouble on the first-loop. You needn't worry about 0 time bonus. You can get it just by rounding up enough men or ALL the men. The only level where you run into issues without being quick enough is level 6.

Second loop you have no choice if you want to play that way.

@TodayIsForgotten

You're probably right - but I don't have the skill level (like yourself and Rob) playing normally to even loop this game once. :) Like @Prow, I'm really struggling with the round 5 boss. Even getting to round 6 would be an achievement for me. So going for bonuses at this point is pretty much my only shot. 60,000 is a hard temptation to ignore!

Hopefully I'll sneak in a few games over the weekend and improve a bit more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142331[/ATTACH]

... better scoring strats and I should be able to beat the stage 5 boss now... if I can get there in a run... I will probably revisit this game to 1cc it after Yolympics. :cool:

Now's the time ... 6ZK5Los.gif ... because soon there will be no time ... :035:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 16 of 17 ...

A very interesting and different game to play in the MGL.

9E6mJNy.png

If you have not done your best, well then that's what the scoreboard will show.

Only 1 day to go until this game and MGLXXXVIII are closed.

:)

1) Stay in line with Asophy and wait for him to open his guts. Shoot at him at this moment; you'll know if you've been successful when he glows briefly.

2) Repeat a few times. No need to go overboard with the shooting, just try and time it as he opens up whilst avoiding what he spews at you. I find shooting once or twice just after the yellow shot comes at you works for me.

3) When you've hit him enough, he explodes. Avoid the green shoulder part. Now you have to wait for him to open up and dive at you. Shoot once, or better yet, dodge, wait for him to miss and shoot upwards as he reaches the edge of the screen. He'll change colour, eventually going red when you've just about got him.

Another potentially useful observation which I'd previously missed: If you complete a round with more than 100 seconds remaining, you'll also gain the 60 k bonus. This adds further depth to the approaches you can take with the game.

Edited by Pessimeister