Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Demolition Man Claw issue

allsportdvd.com

Question

Hi all

I’m having an issue with my Demolition Man in that when I first turn it on the Claw immediately moves to the right and out of range

If I physically move it back into place then it works fine as it should. Obviously I don’t want to do this every time I turn on the machine due to possibly damaging the moto gears

Are there any suggestions here?

I’ve checked the motor board and Claw Opto and both seem fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

24 answers to this question

At startup it should move all the way right and all the way left. First thought would be an issue with the right opto. Have you checked that all of the optos on the claw work? There are several.

How does it behave in claw test when you start autorun?

It’s funny as it seems to behave this way only after a considerable time has passed between the machine being turned on.

The claw’s default position is on the far right, it normally moves left first then right.

However in my case when this happens it moves right first and out of range.

In Claw test it won’t move left or right unless I physically put it back into “range” then the test works fine

It’s funny as it seems to behave this way only after a considerable time has passed between the machine being turned on.

The claw’s default position is on the far right, it normally moves left first then right.

However in my case when this happens it moves right first and out of range.

In Claw test it won’t move left or right unless I physically put it back into “range” then the test works fine

At startup, the claw should sit at the far left, over the ACMAG ramp, then move to the right over the elevator. So it seems like yours is not aligned correctly.

Loosen the grub screws on the rear of the crane, move the crane within range (far left is probably best) then tighten them. Then it should realise it is in range and adjust itself back to normal.

I think I’m not explaining myself properly

My description is from the claw’s angle. So it starts on its right (at the Acmag spot) moves left towards the elevator then right

Except on start up it moves to its right past the Acmag until it hits the side of the cabinet

Back to the same issue, Claw moves the wrong way on first start up when the machine is cold. I physically move it back into range, play a game, turn off the machine and then back on. Claw is then fine

I wait an hour and turn it back on and again the Claw moves the wrong way

Does anyone have any solution?

Back to the same issue, Claw moves the wrong way on first start up when the machine is cold. I physically move it back into range, play a game, turn off the machine and then back on. Claw is then fine

I wait an hour and turn it back on and again the Claw moves the wrong way

Does anyone have any solution?

Sounds mechanical

It should not be able to rotate past it’s limits unless something is loose

I don’t know the machine intimately but I suspect it works similar to a sttng cannon???

Can you physically move it with your hand with the power off?

I’m working on one atm. In free play if the claw does not preform the start up test a game will not start. I wonder is this correct? In test mode driving the claw left and right tests the Optos and that works well but sometimes the motor will glitch and stop, I have taken the motor and gearbox apart, greased the gearbox and cleaned the motor brush assy. The motor seems more reliable now and runs smoothly . Time will tell, the machine iwas doing the game reset problem when flippers activate but the 5 volt at the cpu board is good , usual bad plugs have been replaced now but after cleaning the cpu main ic large square skt and fitting a new 15000 uf 5 volt smoothing cap as well as the always suspect 100 if 25 v cap, all seems good ,no more resets.

No worries, the claw is working well now, the motor glitch stopped when I cleaned the optos on that assembly. Yes I’m sure the game would not start because the claw was not doing it’s test, when working correctly it sits to the left until action happens an it picks up the ball. A nice feature of this game..
  • Like 1