Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Moving heavy duel player cabinets advice

wako

So going to be moving a t-mek machine..

I remeber the struggles moving it across cement when I got it.. But Need to move it across pavers (that are not so even and have holes) and cant back the gas lift truck upto the shed

What advice, inventions to make life easier have you come up with?

Screenshot_2019-01-04-21-13-28-215_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.thumb.jpeg.5175c01cb215bc9cba778d584e3926e1.jpeg

Lots of help, and make sure the wheel's are all working. You would be surprised how gummed up they get.

I would suggest that whilst it's on the lift get under it and give the wheels a good squirt with your lubricant of choice....

I used some 6m orange conduit I had laying around put under machine length ways (same direction as machine moving) not so it rolls way Then a little lube. I had 3 under and three to move onto

With lube moved a lot better

Was a twin super hangon

The Lean on bikes to turn version

Weighd about 250jg

Moved 50m accross lawn

Don't know why the line spacing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Been moving large pieces like these for years and my advice would be split it in two, looks like it splits in the middle in your picture.

Grab two X 2 wheel tilt trolleys and put them on one side of the now halved machine. You and someone else grabs a trolley each and tilt the machine back onto the trolleys. It helps if someone else is there to help this lifting onto the trolleys and you will get to a point where the machine's weight is balanced on the two trolleys.

The machines handle being tilted, just not dropped.;)

It is pretty easy when working with competent people helping and the trolleys wheels are pumped up hard.

In my experience I would say do not try and push the cabinet on it's wheels. The wheels are rarely suitably mounted to withstand anything other than perfectly flat floors.

You can use 4 wheel trolleys under each end of a split cabinet but they tend to slide out from under the machine.

I know you probably don't want to split the cabinet but it is easier than re-attaching broken casters and cracked cabinets.

I used to use a forklift in the workshop to lift broken cabinets to repair machines people thought, "hey, we will just push it".:realmad:

I've got a T-Mek twin unit, nice to see someone else has also - wicked 4.1 sound!

Yes it splits in half, the monitor section is obviously the heavy side. The seat section is pretty light, 2 people could almost carry it. You can also take the 'topper' (sign) section off the top to make the monitor section easier to handle.

If you split it, a word of warning, Atari used a crap wiring system between the 2 sections. If you disconnect the connectors, make sure they don't get tangled up in the wheels underneath. That happened to mine and the wires got all chewed up

Good luck!

I purchased some furniture dollies i put under my machines to move them around. Bunnings has some cheap ones that do the job.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/building-hardware/general-hardware/wheels-castors/dollies

I've moved machines from the house to the shed & across gravel & grass with them. Its handy and spreads the load when the bottom of the cabs can be a bit worn to trust move to the cabinets castors.

Air filled tyres will handle the sketchy terrain much better than solid but also can make the item more unstable.

Good Luck with your move man.

Yeh i have alread split the cabinet.. And just remeber how awkward it was..

Managed to lift the heavy half onto trailor with just 2 of us but almost blew a poopoo valve doing it

I have 1 wheel tilt trolley so might buy another as well as 2x dolly wheels @ bunnings they have the 300kg ones for 20 bucks.. Big day tomorrow after working 12 hours and being awke for 24 hours. Looking forward to it [emoji23]

I've got a T-Mek twin unit, nice to see someone else has also - wicked 4.1 sound!

Yes it splits in half, the monitor section is obviously the heavy side. The seat section is pretty light, 2 people could almost carry it. You can also take the 'topper' (sign) section off the top to make the monitor section easier to handle.

If you split it, a word of warning, Atari used a crap wiring system between the 2 sections. If you disconnect the connectors, make sure they don't get tangled up in the wheels underneath. That happened to mine and the wires got all chewed up

Good luck!

Yeh they are good fun especially with a belly full of beer...the sound absolutely makes it.. Just annoying to move... Im pretty sure its not going to move again from this place as there is no wife to kick me out[emoji23]..

Yeh i almost got caught with the wires to but just salvaged it the 1st move although the conectors dont seem great feom factory...

I would be interested in seeing a photo of the bracket that holds the 2 cabinets together.. Mine never came with one...

Do you use the wood in between the 2 screens? The other part i never got.. Just curious if you found better with or without...

Do you use the wood in between the 2 screens? The other part i never got.. Just curious if you found better with or without...

Unfortunately mine was also missing the divider timber piece, would be cool to have but I'll just live without it

So for anyone interested on how move went or plan of attack

Bought 2 dollys 45 each

https://www.bunnings.com.au/move-it-700-x-500mm-dolly_p3961849

And used 3 ratchet straps running one through the handles on the dolly.

Was able to lower gas lift tray from truck to perfect level to push t-mek straight on (with the one ratchet strap allready place through the handles of dolly)

With 1 person pulling on front straps and 2 people pushing it was a smooth move across cement, dirt, small stones & pavers

I was going to attempt with 2 hand lift trolleys(sak trucks) like someone suggested but had another use for dollys anyway [emoji12]

Now hopefully will never move again, although with the right tools for the job and man power went better than expected received_351763808991239.thumb.jpeg.b722f1c2231553f59b3660d6eb24ea80.jpegreceived_329719900982305.thumb.jpeg.ff75178429ea080497fc4e6c6a7b5b29.jpeg