Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Where to source additional 5v power for LED mods

symonz

Question

Hello my fellow pinheads :)

I want to find an alternate supply for 5v LED mods that I've added to my BSD. e.g star post leds, trough light

I thought about putting an 5v power adapter on the service plug. My pin is a US import so I was just going to US to AUD adapter, then run them from there although I believe the power will always be on unless the pin is turned off at the wall.

Would the mezel mods adapter be a better solution? Or is there an alternate / easier solution?

https://mezelmods.com/products/mezel-mods-pinball-power-adapter?variant=22033580868

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Simon

4 answers to this question

Well this was easier than I originally thought. A fellow pinhead from the US told me to just hook them up to the coin door leds, as they run independently from the playfield lights but are still interactive as every time Drac laughs, the coin door lights flash which I had never noticed. Tested it on the MM and there's a healthy 6.49v there. Working fine, time to play :D