Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Coil sleeve stuck

skindog

Question

11 answers to this question

You can knock the old one out with a new one sometimes or find exactly the right sized socket. Other alternative is to slip a leg of needle nose pliers or flathead screwdriver down one side and mangle the old one out.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

You can knock the old one out with a new one sometimes or find exactly the right sized socket. Other alternative is to slip a leg of needle nose pliers or flathead screwdriver down one side and mangle the old one out.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

That's the trick I use, too - using another sleeve to push the old one out.

A round file, the more course, the better. Should take about 2 minutes to file away one side of the sleeve and then you can pull out what's left.

Try installing a new sleeve afterwards but if it jams going in, get the file onto it till it does go in as intended.

Not unusual to have perfectly working coils that have been swollen at one stage but they certainly don't need replacing when a quick filing will keep them running

As the sleeve is stuck, the coil may have got too hot at some point in its life. Before trying to save it, I'd check the resistances of the coil against a known good or reference (https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html) to make sure the internal insulation of the coil hasn't been damaged. If it's too far out of spec I'd replace it rather than trying to sneak the sleeve out.

Thanks everyone got it out. Worked needle nose pliers in and broke it apart.

New sleeve went in fine and the flipper has been rebuilt.

Think I was being a bit of a Nancy coz I didn’t want to damage the coil but it’s working fine.

I appreciate all comments from you blokes.