Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kortek chasis part confirmation

iseefreely

G'day Joey.

I have two KTX-26 chassis with some parts that differ from the manual. Could you confirm these transistors/equivalents for me please?

Q601 in the manual 2SC3306

Q601 in chassis #1 2SC3042

Q601 in chassis #2 BU408D

Q602 in the manual 2SC1091Y

Q602 chassis #1 A1091

Q602 chassis #2 2N6520 with base/collector leg swap.

Just want to know whether the 2SA1091's are OK to use as I can't find a datasheet or part for 2SC1091. Typo??

Also are the 3306 equivalents OK, as the manual specifies exact replacement?

Cheers, Matt

Using this site, 2SC3042 can be used in place of 2SC3306

https://english.electronica-pt.com/components-cross-reference?ref=2SC3306

Also, a BU408D has the diode across E & C, the other 2 do not.

What they do there is use an external diode, but it has to be higher voltage than a 1N4007 etc

External diode can be UF2008 (Cheap and HV)

Thanks for that Dez, appreciate it.

Yeah I compared the specs. at datasheetarchive and the major V/A specs seemed OK to me, but I'm no expert, especially when it comes to other minor specs that may be important.

I was also hoping for confirmation from Joey for some of these equivalents, as I'm hoping he's used them before.

Any idea regarding the 1091?

Of course, I only saw the "G'day Joey" after I hit reply :redface

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that Dez, appreciate it.

Yeah I compared the specs. at datasheetarchive and the major V/A specs seemed OK to me, but I'm no expert, especially when it comes to other minor specs that may be important.

I was also hoping for confirmation from Joey for some of these equivalents, as I'm hoping he's used them before.

Any idea regarding the 1091?

Joey is the guy here, some equivalents on these Alt sites are often not up to the task, maybe frequency is the issue

G'day Joey.

I have two KTX-26 chassis with some parts that differ from the manual. Could you confirm these transistors/equivalents for me please?

Q601 in the manual 2SC3306

Q601 in chassis #1 2SC3042

Q601 in chassis #2 BU408D

Q602 in the manual 2SC1091Y

Q602 chassis #1 A1091

Q602 chassis #2 2N6520 with base/collector leg swap.

Just want to know whether the 2SA1091's are OK to use as I can't find a datasheet or part for 2SC1091. Typo??

Also are the 3306 equivalents OK, as the manual specifies exact replacement?

Cheers, Matt

Hi Matt ,

As far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a 2SC1091Y , Q602 is a PNP transistor and as handy rule to remember 2SA and 2SB are PNP , 2SC and 2SD are NPN .

the suffix is never on smaller transistors , in most cases the 2S is removed so you will see A1019 . , there aren't a lot of equivalents for these but you can use the very common 2N5401 but you need to swap the legs to suit.

Q601 , 2SC3042 has been obsolete for a long time and was replaced with the 2SC3306 , later chassis used 2SC4157 , all are interchangeable but the 4157 is super tough.

The BU408D will work but not recommended as it would be working to close to it's limits , The D on the end means internal diode , BU408A is the same thing without diode.

The only problem you will have the all of those Q601 transistors is that they are very hard to find genuine , there are fakes everywhere and all you will buy from eBay / China etc .

Thanks very much for that info Joey, I really appreciate it.

I only asked for you specifically as I saw this chassis on your site and these were common at one time, so I thought you must've worked on these and would be the best man to ask.

The 'C' designation in the Kortek manual for he A1091 is obviously a typo then. Hopefully this helps others out.

Good news regarding the 5401 as I have a few NOS in my stash. Although the 3306's will have to come from China. I'll order a few extra.

Edited by iseefreely
not relevant