State
    Poodegrah Vic
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quoted
    897 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Swiddzy View Post
    I was about to embark on upgrading games family 2700 machine to 3700 but am now put off after reading ur thread and discussing with operator of arcade rewind who deals in games family machines. He advised the hardware and software are specially configured and tampering with would be difficult and you'd need to be quite tech savvy to pull off. That said I'll probably still try and install a different mame emulator and see if i can get it to work with the jamma board. Tho if u can't even put a cloned drive in i don't hold much hope

Sent from my SM-G960F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Yep and to boot I've been told by many people that the time and money I've spent trying this, it would be cheaper just to buy another games family if this one broke so no need to clone hard drives anymore. That's why I haven't bothered trying this again.
    My mission (if I choose to accept it ) is to find every TZ on the planet and get them corrected if their caps are in the wrong order. Hardest part will be getting the flyer corrected

State
    A CT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Australia
    Hi, I got the same errors up and took a photo with Google translate to work out what it said:

Limited virtual memory Your system has no page files, or the page file is too small.
    1. Right click on the computer, click on "Properties", then click on the Advanced tab. Click on the Performance Options button and then click on Change. On the u drive [Volume Label], select the drive you want. To create a page file, please single, w initial size (MB) box, then enter the page file size. Or - To increase the page file size, click the Maximum (MB) box and enter a larger page file size. When everything is ready, click on "Settings" and then click OK.

And the setting.reg:

Registry Editor could not enter ditemldsetting.reg: An error occurred while opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my MI 8 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    qld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Aaland
    Such a shame a waste of good hardware having multiple machines not too mention the expense! There's a guy on YouTube who's hacked it but doesn't give clear instructions as to how
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post
    Yep and to boot I've been told by many people that the time and money I've spent trying this, it would be cheaper just to buy another games family if this one broke so no need to clone hard drives anymore. That's why I haven't bothered trying this again.
    Sent from my SM-G960F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    A CT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Australia
    So.. somehow I got an xxxx-in-1 to boot from SSD.. once... And never again... I just had to take a few pictures to prove it, no idea what I had done differently to other people bit it ran.. and I played it for an hour before powering it down and trying again... Never worked again .. just a black screen or the win2k loading bar, it could be my machine though it has been pretty selective from the start but would come good of I reset it.. so it is possible, just need to work out how, unfortunately the image I was using is fairly degraded and during cloning it had multiple errors (that I ignored and continued to clone) I'm hoping to get a good image and trying again!! I'm using an unbranded single Chanel IDE to sata adapter I purchased years ago and only just opened..IMG_20190612_173241.jpegIMG_20190612_173247.jpeg

State
    A CT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Australia
    This is the adaptor.1560342481135.jpeg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information