Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a set of roms for pinball x

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

When I first started with Visual Pinball, I wanted everything... so I understand why newcomers are the same. I did get a pack thanks to the (massive) efforts of others (one in particular) and most worked out of the box but none of that pack is currently on my VPin as I've upgraded everything. It really is better to download and configure what you want when you have time otherwise you end up with heaps of stuff that you'll never use.

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    Dude - learn what software you are dealing with and HOW IT WORKS before you jump in here asking for something that you should know you don't need!

I really don't get these people who think that having "everything" is the way to go.........

Oh, and I just noticed that this is your first post on AA, so "welcome".

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    766 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzStick View Post

Oh, and I just noticed that this is your first post on AA, so "welcome".
    first and last post
    posted this thread and has not checked in since

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    When I first started with Visual Pinball, I wanted everything... so I understand why newcomers are the same. I did get a pack thanks to the (massive) efforts of others (one in particular) and most worked out of the box but none of that pack is currently on my VPin as I've upgraded everything. It really is better to download and configure what you want when you have time otherwise you end up with heaps of stuff that you'll never use.
    yeah, i can understand it too, when i first got into VP i got a torrent for desktop-only games and it was great to get going. Given how messy it can be to setup VP and how slow a process it is to download tables and all the associated bits and pieces with them, I can see why people still want packs.

some people don't want to learn and get the optimum setup, they just want to play the games. in this case i'd say go and download Pinball Arcade, forget the minefield that is VP.

VP will always be a way better and more comprehensive pinball sim, but it's not at all user friendly, and given how it's evolved, it's reasonable to see why.

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    I got a "pack" with "everything" in one go and had know idea what to do with it or how to get it running. It wasn't until I started from stratch that I not only got it working but learned how to set up tables and change thing, I also load 1 table at a time and make sure that it works and everything is showing up where it should be before moving on, that IMO is the best way to do it and to be honest I will probably only end up playing a dozen of the tables I have regularly the others are more just to see what they are like.
    If you will forgive the tacky phrase...teach a man to fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information