Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pandora Box 6 arcade kit

Hi All

345618859_sofar.thumb.jpg.f0cd194648799699c6fa415229f41d13.jpg

Struggling a bit to connect wiring, so far i have done this but all the spade terminals on buttons are the same size and no markings, so have just connected best i can

The game buttons are illuminated

anyone cast there eye over my wiring so far please ??

Hey there

Each buttons microswitch / joystick switch will have two pins.

One for a common ground and one for the signal e.g. signal wire for button 1 or up or down etc etc.

Traditional switches like your joysticks switches will be labelled with common and n/o for normally open (some have 3 for normally closed but urs dont so dont worry), but honest truth, it doesnt matter if you mix it up, so long as each single microswitch has one ground and one signal wire on each. Your joystick ones look in order.

All the microswitch is doing when button is pressed down is allowing a circuit to be completed between the two wires (completing circuit to ground)

Joystick switches look ok. Each has a signal and ground. If you find later that left right up down are mixed up, switch the signal wire to the appropriate switch

The only thing im uncertain about are your light up buttons

As per the other thread, i would have guessed that the inner centre 'grey' part would have been the buttons microswitch connectors, and outer two pins for lighting.

Your pic seems to show your lighting wiring being on that inside grey part instead - did you find out since that this is the connection for lighting or are you guessing? I personally am unsure

If unsure, easy solution is to get a multimeter set to continuity. Connect the probes to each of the 2 pins in the grey area and press the pushbutton - if it beeps, they are your microswitch connectors. If it doesnt then repeat the steps on the outer pins and press the button again to ensure it beeps. Only one pair will be the microswitch for the button

Once thats eliminated then the leftover pair of pins will be for your lighting - one yellow power wire and one ground to each. Considering no label or instructions, I wouldnt think itd matter which of the 2 lighting pins had the power or ground, but if it doesnt light up, switch the two around to the opposite pin. First and foremost Id definitely be eliminating whicj pin pair are the microswitch pair of pins first with a multimeter..

Edited by mrjamma