Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pincadia 'Big Bash' - 31st March

PINCADIA 'BIG BASH'

14 Logan Rd, Woolloongabba

Doors open 9am

Registration from 9.30am

Qualifying starts from 10am

This will be a Target Matchplay event open to all players. Pincadia and their sponsor (whose name escapes me as present) will be offering up some awesome cash & prizes for this event.

There will be GUARANTEED cash prizes for the Top 4 as follows: 1st - $500, 2nd - $300, 3rd - $200, 4th $100

There will also be other cash and/or prizes for the Top 8 and/or Top 16 finalists, along with other random awards as well.

Qualifying:

* Players will be sorted into random groups of 4 using the Matchplay software and a machine will be allocated. We will be using the 'Balanced' option rather than random.

* Each round will consist of 1 game using the 7-5-3-1 point scoring method (7-4-1 for 3 player groups).

* The first 16 players in a field of 32 or more players to reach the target score of 40 points will advance to the finals. In the event that there is less than 32 players, then only the Top 8 will advance. Once you reach 40 points, your name will be removed from qualifying as you have already advanced.

* Ties for ANY placings during qualifying will result in a single game playoff on a machine to be determined at random.

Finals:

* Players will be sorted into groups of 4 and will play a 3 game round, using the same points system as above. The Slaughter method will be being used for the finals to allocate groups.

* Matchplay will allocate the choice of machines and play order for each game.

* The Top 4 qualifiers (ie. first 4 players to reach 40 points) will receive a WILD CARD at the start of finals. This will give them one opportunity to replace a machine of their choice at any stage during finals.

* The Top 2 players in each group of each round will advance to the next round. There will be a one game playoff on a machine selected at random for any ties for 2nd place in either group.

* The winner will be the player with the most points earned in the final round. In the event of a tie for any of the Top 4, there will be another single tie-breaker game chosen at random.

IFPA approval is pending for this event.

Players can either pre-register via here, the Facebook event page, at the venue, or simply turn up on the day before 10am. Tournament Directors are Jason Lambert and Chris Wade

Entry fee is $30 per player and includes a drink voucher. All players are welcome, and new players are encouraged to join in.

Children under 18 are welcome to play in this event, however venue policy states that they must be accompanied by a parent or suitable guardian at all times.

• 1 month later...

There's just over 1 month to go before the first 'Big Bash' of the year at Pincadia. While players are able to register on the day, I'll be happy to take a list of names here as well.

ENTRANTS as at 25/3/2019:

1. Lambo

2. Nicolas Noben

3. Michi Henning

4. Warren Beetham

5. Greg Gee

6. Jonathan Chabowski

7. Dan Olejniczak

8. David Stavleu

9. @martymoose

10. Zac Foster

Edited by Lambo

• 2 weeks later...
Yea,

I might come along to this thanks.

However anyone that draws me in Thunderbirds will get a free ride because I will not play it.

Ray

With you there Ray.

Don't ever want to touch that wretched thing, especially in a comp mode.

Edit: On further consideration, please withdraw me from the competition. I do not want to be seen anywhere near the machine or complicit in support of anyone following through with purchasing it.

Edited by Saintsmaen

Is there a round about time for this event to finish because ive got 2 and half drive home and i have to work the next day

For future reference, you would have been fine!

We started at 10am sharp.

Finals started around 3:20pm, after a lengthy playoff.

All was done at 7:45pm. Machines were on freeplay the whole time as well.