Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAI lowboy semi-restore

Picked up an old LAI cab in semi-bad nick with loads of rust and a fair bit of sun damage and scratches/marks.

Bought new controls, marquee etc and now it's a mame machine.

First time I attempted something like this, so loads of learning, but quite happy with the result, although the bezel looks a bit plain at the bottom.

I got an Asteroids Deluxe instruction card which I may insert there.

Hardest bit I found was trying to darken the laminate where it was faded.

My young son wanted lit buttons, so he's happy, and we've had loads of fun over Xmas already.

Loves Marvel v Capcom.

IMG_0848.thumb.jpg.316e297a15aa2a807da34b9aa1b47145.jpgIMG_0847.thumb.jpg.3dca001d8438c3edbcc2a1429c9b4bc2.jpg

Looks great. Love the LAI lowboys. Can't see from the pics but what did you do to recondition the laminate?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Cheers, man.

Most of the sun fading was on the front of the cab, and after trying loads of experimenting on the back of the cab with products, I ended up using a dark tan boot polish all-in-one sponge applicator.

But even then one little patch reacted a bit weird. That old laminate has a mind of its own.

I darkened the bad scratches that exposed the chipboard with a stain from Bunnings, applied with a cotton bud.