Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Can a Sony CRT Trinitron KV-XF34M31 be converted for arcade?

Grimlock

Question

7 answers to this question

For use with a universal arcade chassis, likely not. Jomac has said a number of times that they don't play nice with uni chassis. It's also a flat tube, which will not fit the bezel for the curved screen you have in the cab currently.

You might be able to RGB mod it, but that's serious stuff and you really need to be experienced in electronics to do that.

For use with a universal arcade chassis, likely not. Jomac has said a number of times that they don't play nice with uni chassis. It's also a flat tube, which will not fit the bezel for the curved screen you have in the cab currently.

You might be able to RGB mod it, but that's serious stuff and you really need to be experienced in electronics to do that.

Thank you for the Info @namastepat thats exactly what I needed to know, was just an idea while I was looking at it gathering dust in the garage :D

Thank you for the Info @namastepat thats exactly what I needed to know, was just an idea while I was looking at it gathering dust in the garage :D

If you want to stick with a CRT, which is what I will always recommend, do the following.

Get your cab and find out what tube size it has, based on the photo, it will likely be a 26 inch or a 29 inch. Then, find a tube of the same size and look into getting a universal chassis for it. Jomac doesn't sell the best ones anymore, as they are no longer made, but you can still get a Wei-Ya or something similar if you look around. You may also get lucky and find a tube from a local AAer who stashes tubes.

Crt are long gone these days unless it’s a true dedicated cabinet for restoration to hold it money value for re-sell.

What you have is a generic cabinet and better off putting a Lcd.

Thats my recommendation.

Need to think of re-sell point of view. If only you decide to sell it the near future.

This TV is able to be RGB modded for use with arcade PCB. It’s not even very hard.

That’s only one piece of the puzzle though. To put this monster in a cab is something I have little to know knowledge about.

If you were interested in getting it RGB modded I know a guy in Melbourne and would put you in touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade