Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sega Saturn region free BIOS

Hi all,

I have recently got back into console modding and repairs, over the past 2 days i have added the region free BIOS to 5 different Saturn consoles ( each one different mobo revision, from a VA0 to a VA15 )

It works great, boots up any game you throw in there, and you can have any version of the BIOS you want too, from Euro, US, Japan, even including the V•Saturn and Hi•Saturn. I havent tried the Korean BIOS yet, but i have it here. I might give that a run on the VA0, it has a DIP in there so ive added a socket.

Im happy to offer that mod to AA users, i can either supply you with the BIOS or install it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I can also do a few other mods, ive been getting a few requests lately, any i have listed are mods i have completed a number of times:

• NEO•GEO UniBIOS install ( including AES, MVS, and CD models )

• Mega CD region free BIOS ( both models )

• Sega Dreamcast region free BIOS and power supply repairs

• Sega Saturn region free BIOS ( all models )

• 3DO region change ( Japan <-> Euro/US ) and RGB/240p mod ( not available on every model )

• Atari 2600 RGB install

• NES RGB install

• N64 RGB install

• 50Hz/60Hz mods on suitable consoles

• McWILL Sega Gamegear and Atari LYNX LCD replacements ( both models )

• Gameboy backlight and bi-vert mods ( DMG and Pocket )

• CPS2 and NEO•GEO game repairs and conversions

The 3DO RGB mod is not possible on all versions, such as the ANVIL models.

If there is a mod you have questions about doing or getting done but it isnt on the list, post up and i will let you know if i will do it or not, or see if i can help you do it yourself.

Hey @NEO-GEO Man, do you think you may get into doing the HDMIDC new mod that is out for the dreamcast?

Also can you just supply the bios free chip for the dc and how much would the chip/postage be.

Hi mate,

I havent seen the HDMI mod, but ive never looked either, its not something ill ever use here. I will have a look into it a bit later.

If you want the BIOS chip ready to install yourself its $15 posted to you :)

Currently out of Dreamcast chips sorry mate!

I have 1 Saturn chip left. Got a few Mega CD chips here.

Got more chips coming though, so it wont be long.

No worries, thank you for the update!

Another question though have you got the neo geo uni bios 4.0 by any chance or only 3.3?

I have 3.3, i can get 4.0, i just havent yet. Ill have a look today and get onto it for ya.

Love your work @NEO-GEO Man, you can ask the creator to send the bios for free to you via email if you have purchased the chip previously from him, which would be so much faster than what @dzhay1981 is going through... I've been looking everywhere for my previous bios that I had with serial on it (3.1) so I can ask for the update.... Nowhere to be found :cry

Love your work @NEO-GEO Man, you can ask the creator to send the bios for free to you via email if you have purchased the chip previously from him, which would be so much faster than what @dzhay1981 is going through... I've been looking everywhere for my previous bios that I had with serial on it (3.1) so I can ask for the update.... Nowhere to be found :cry

Yeah mate thats how i normally do it, i just email him my own file and he emails me back the new one.

Dont spose you know your serial number do you? If so ill do yours that way if you want, if not, ill see how many other serials i have and use one of those. I bought a few from him way back years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
PM Sent ;)

Hi mate, i have had some issues with the Dreamcast region free BIOS, and at the moment that is off the list until further notice, my Dreamcast has died and so has my bigger EEPROM writer, i have replacements of both coming though.

I have a few Saturn region free BIOS chips left, and ive got a few Saturn consoles of various models that will be available soon, including a pretty nice first release Japan Saturn ( the mobo has DIP type BIOS chip and has dual LEDs for power and access ) These will also likely be fitted with a significantly larger capacity battery for the backup memory.

Ive also got a few Atari LYNX consoles in both models 1 and 2 with McWill screens fitted and a couple Sega Game Gears with McWill screens fitted, these handhelds are also getting new speakers fitted, in the case of the LYNX will be from slightly better than factory to considerably better than factory, Game Gears dont have as much space in there to go much better, but the speakers im fitting to those are better than factory.

Also a few NES consoles and Master System 2 consoles with RGB mods, these are configured to use a NEO•GEO cable, either composite or RGB will function correctly.

Ive had a few requests for NEO•GEO conversion carts, yes i can do them, most games are possible, including Iron Clad and Crossed Swords 2 ( both were originally CD only games )

Any of these can be made available quicker if i get a request.