Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rowe Ami WP-100A Not playing discs

gshit43

Question

G'day all i'm a newbie that's having issues with my Rowe/Ami WP 100A jukebox.

When disc is selected the arm carries the disc to reader and the disc starts spinning. Arm then takes disc back to carousel and tries the process once again.

It appears that laser is not reader disc.

I have cleaned the lens and CD's but it still doesn't play.

How can i test the CD Pro reader?

CD Pro Vau 1254/11 are they repairable?

Cheers

5 answers to this question

CD Pro Vau 1254/11 are they repairable?

Cheers

Cheapest way out is to order a new Lens from Aliexpress ---- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Original-VAU1254-VAU1255-11-31LF-Laser-Lens-Optical-Pickup-Bloc-Optique-Replacement-CD-Pro2-VAM1254/32751346880.html

Not hard to install and plenty of online guides available ---- https://www.encosystems.net/instructions/cd-pro-2-with-opu2-vau-125411-31-31lf/

Have done this myself with success a couple times with NSM Jukes. Chinese Lens may not be same quality (as long lasting ?) as original but it worked for me.

If money is not a concern you can buy a genuine drop in player module here ---- https://www.encosystems.net/product/philips-cd-pro-2/

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

If your concerned about using Ali Express buy them off Liberty Electronics on ebay great company to deal with and will offer you the correct replacement if you ask. I have had success this way too. You have the first version of the CDM Pro2 and not all OPU's will work especially when you see it being sold as an OPU for a CDPro 2 as there are many versions so just letting you know and ask the question before you buy it. Or there is an AA member goes by @thatz amuzing who is a whizz on repairing these CD players. Edited by hotty

Rowe Jukebox CD 100D Laser III starts to spin, stops, puts CD back then tries again

I just bought this jukebox and the guy had it playing. I asked the guy about clamping down the springs to move it and he said he just moved it like it was. When I got home the clamps had never been removed when he was playing it. Got home and I waited for it to get room temperature before playing. It would grab a CD spin a lil then put it back and try again. I couldn't get any to play. I realized that the spring clamp for moving was still in place, I took them off & then it grabbed a CD and dropped it and broke it. I have tried to map all the Cd's again. It doesnt recognize any of them (I think because the CD doesnt spin fast enough) I've cleaned off the eye with alcohol and got 1 to play . I tried mapping a few individual CD's and got one to play. This morning I couldnt get that one to play.

It is very dusty inside so I am going to use compressed air to clean off the inside unless something else is better.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Diane