Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Revolution X "RAM Chips Bad" Error, Replacement Problems!

DoubleDragon

Question

Hi Guys/Gals,

Have a Revolution X Arcade and the thing is sending me crazy. Basically it is coming up with a RAM Chips Bad error, image attached. It then goes to usually a glitched out screen of various types depending on the time of day.

Now I tried looking for the exact same model of chips, but I could only find the next model so I'm not even entirely sure this is going to fix it(old ones were HM538123AJ-8 new ones HM538123BJ-8).

But this isn't even my issue. My issue is I for the life of me can't solder these onto the board properly. I've tried using a reflow station and solder paste and it failed. I've tried using a soldering iron and lots of flux, and while this has been more successful I always end up with a few legs not making contact and no matter what I do I can't get them to "bind" to the pads. The problem seems to be that the outside of the pads are exact the same with of the outside of the pins and so it's impossible to heat them both up with the soldering iron to get them to bond together. :unsure

I've attached a pic showing how how the RAM modules sit on the pads. Any tips on how I would solder these on as it's just about broken me!

Alternatively, anyone here who fixes Arcade PCB's when I inevitably give up. LOL Thanx

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet