Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cabinet Stencils

Any particular game Bert?

No atm nothing in particular ...

Surely there is a market with more reso happening in owe part of the world.

I got my stencils out for flash and are unsure if they will be still ok to use..

Stencils for Firepower , Centaur , Blackout ( i am sure many could be sold for overseas market)

Fathom , Playboy..

Just to name a few

Or is there licensing rights / issues ? :unsure

I don't know of anyone in OZ but for my money you can't go past Pinball Pimp for stencils

Agree with Ray. Pinball Pimp are easy to use and very forgiving.

The Playboy set may give you some trouble getting as when Hugh passed a lot of trademark stuff got frozen including the stencil set:(

Gday guys Have checked out Pinballpimp and they look great Just wondering if they can be used more than once? Anyone got used Pinbot decals? Getting new seems not worth it

DB66

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

If you had two people slowly lifting the stencil off within the hour and somewhere flat to lay them until the paint cured it may be possible BUT I'm not sure how the tac of the stencil glue would go a 2nd time around??. Paint bleed etc.

Gday guys Have checked out Pinballpimp and they look great Just wondering if they can be used more than once? Anyone got used Pinbot decals? Getting new seems not worth it

DB66

Asking for trouble doing that. it will stretch and curl up on it self. The vinyl also acts differently with the dry paint on it.

Thanks Railways and jason1

Guess it'll be new stencils Haven't used them before Just had decals from Retrorefurbs for 3 pinballs

DB66

at one point they used to use big metal stencils at the factory, In that case you could use them as many times as you like.

Be nice to have an AA community metal stencils all laser cut lol

If I had a laser cutter or was restoring pinballs for a living I recon I would do a few different sets for popular titles ahaha,Would certainly make stenciling quick and easy.

A few times I had contemplated making up some stencil files for a few games and dropping them on the net for free, which would just require a trip to your local vinyl cutter.

But its allot of work and My time is limited so I havent done it for modern Pinballs, made plenty of stencils for other arcade games and a few 1930's pinballs though.

at one point they used to use big metal stencils at the factory, In that case you could use them as many times as you like.

Be nice to have an AA community metal stencils all laser cut lol

If I had a laser cutter or was restoring pinballs for a living I recon I would do a few different sets for popular titles ahaha,Would certainly make stenciling quick and easy.

A few times I had contemplated making up some stencil files for a few games and dropping them on the net for free, which would just require a trip to your local vinyl cutter.

But its allot of work and My time is limited so I havent done it for modern Pinballs, made plenty of stencils for other arcade games and a few 1930's pinballs though.

Funny you say that.

Ol' mate mark (the smarter half of our railways gig ;))Has a Williams Rancho. It's in pretty good nick for it's age but he wanted to tidy the cab up so did some tracings, uploaded it all to his work software, got the stencils laser cut from his drawings in his spare time.

In the mean time I did a game swap with him and went over the Rancho with new globes , rubbers, flipper kits etc.

Looked at the cab art and gave it a spray a bit at a time with isoprol alcohol and voila' It looks amazing with original art.

A light spray of @JOKERPOKER aerosol spray and a good survivor.

My point is Mark took a lot of effort to knock out those metal stencils for a one-off job. If you are doing a one off job just consider throw away stencils. Do it once- do it well.

I always make my own from white cardboard that can be bought at most newsagents. If they are stored flat they can be reused, as an example i have a set of stencils for Card Whiz that i have so far used three times to do three games! The Card Whiz from Pinfest 2017 was the last game done to date with these same stencils!

And i've kept just about every stencil set i've ever made!