Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Park House Jan 27th

Park House Jan 27th 3pm

In the first of hopefully many regular events to be held at the Park House there will be a best game tournament on Sunday the 27th January starting at 3pm. All games must start before 730pm. There will be a 4 person, best of three games final starting at 8pm. So an early finish to get you all home and cozy in bed!

ENTRY FEE: $5. All money goes into a prize pool for the top 3 finalists.

VENUE:

Park House Pub

2 Park St

Mona Vale

GAMES:

6 games all in nice working order, just play a little slow

World Cup Soccer

Wrestle Mania

Arabian Nights

Indiana Jones

Star Trek Next Gen

Scared Stiff

Games are $2 a game or 3 for $4

FORMAT:

This is a public venue with others also playing the games. Allow a little more time to get your games completed. The games all play a little slow so allow LOTS of time.

Each player is to play each of the 6 games and have their games recorded by a scorer in Matchplay. PRIOR TO COMMENCING YOUR COMP GAME YOU MUST TELL A SCORER YOU ARE ABOUT TO PLAY. (suggest playing in groups of 3)

Your final game must commence prior to 730pm.

The top 4 qualifiers will face each other in a best of 3 game starting at 8:00pm. Q1 faces Q3, and Q2 faces Q4. Highest ranked player picks all 3 (different) games. Their opponent picks playing order.

All normal tournament rules apply.

IFPA has (is) being applied for.

Scorers are currently Will. (please let me know if you can come along and score)

Will

• 3 weeks later...

And as well as public holiday the next day. The Park House is running a triple J hottest 100 day so there will be some cool things they are doing.

With any luck we should pick up a lot of locals that will join in.

It could be worth Turning up early. There sounds like some beer promotion going on.

See you all there!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks heaps, Will, for organizing and running this, and Justin for scoring.

Cheers to Elliot from the Park House for hosting the Inaugural!

For those that aren't aware, Mona Vale is in the far North East of Sydney, and a fair trek for most Sydneysiders to get to (MEL and BNE distance from CBD equivalents are Craigieburn, and North Lakes, however with no trams or trains).

It was great to see that out of the fifteen who participated, only myself and Andrew are locals (it even takes me 30mins by public transport to get there).

There were folk from Cronulla, Seven Hills, Penrith, Doonside, Redfern, and plenty of other far flung Sydney locales, who made the trek, plus Brett and Nomie from Newcastle (how good is that!), and Jamie from Adelaide (OK... Not quite from Adelaide, but from Adelaide via Kirribilli (meeting up with the PM no doubt), however on his Honeymoon! (How did you get that free pass?)).

Would be awesome if other Sydneysiders, Novacastrians, Central Coast folk could pen in Sun 24th Feb for the next Park House event.

In the interim, You have MY Word that I'll be working with the Park House, the operators, and a local brewery to give a big local promotional push to all future pinny events held here.

Big thank you too, to Antonny from Torracca Sons who made a speedy response to a call-out asking for a fix on TOTAN.

Good times.

Cheers,

G

PS: For those who have Family responsibilities, consider making a day of it. There are regular Ferries to and from Manly and Circular Quay, as well as to and from Patonga and Palm Beach (not as regular), plus 30Kms of gorgeous coastline in between (witness for yourself the ostensibly real reason why I rarely wear shoes!). We got whale watching (mid year), the home (and away) of Bummer Bay, plenty of other bays and inlets in near pristine condition, and beach, after beach, after beach.

-----------------

Do near on a thousand South American babes count as an attraction?

170408-A290_xlarge.jpg.5a7e1c67313031b3893b8b1174a6d011.jpg

The above headland is about 15mins walk from my House, and it can't compare with the look on newbie faces when they come around the Pittwater Rd bend and see it in person for the first time. Same goes for the headlands at Freshwater, and Bilgola bends.

Do yourself a fav folks.

It was a good (hot) day on Sunday. I hope you all had fun.

We had a late pullout of Scared Stiff with a busted scoop but it's a nice venue.

Prize Winners!

1st Greg. On his home turf with GEE up on every machine

2nd Andrew

3rd Mark

And just outside the prize pool Justin

See you all at Frankies in a couple of weeks

It was a good (hot) day on Sunday. I hope you all had fun.

We had a late pullout of Scared Stiff with a busted scoop but it's a nice venue.

Prize Winners!

1st Greg. On his home turf with GEE up on every machine

2nd Andrew

3rd Mark

And just outside the prize pool Justin

See you all at Frankies in a couple of weeks

I think we'll need to get Greg a handicap next meet or see if Antonny can mix the machines up with a others he mentioned he had in storage :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for helping to get the word out @G

Its an awesome venue & you played well. Cant wait to do it all again in a few weeks