Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 6 ~ Bosconian (closes 13-Jan)

Blast Off …

MGLXXXVIII – Game 6 ~ Bosconian

Nominated by gamer: Flobeamer1922

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: bosco (new version)

2sl1Ah3.png

Game Story:

During flight, you must avoid stationary asteroids and mines. As you progress in levels, the green hexagonal enemy space stations begin to shoot missiles from their cores. When under enemy bases, enemy fighters can change direction at will. The game features synthesized voice messages: "Blast Off!" start of round, "Alert! Alert!" enemy ships approaching, "Battle stations!" enemy formation attack, "Spy ship sighted" green triangular bonus enemy, and "Condition Red!" time-per level exceeded, enemy frenzy.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 13 January 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 6 … Condition Red …

Last time played in the MGL six years ago … in MGLXVI

lzfVHeH.jpg

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, just a reminder this is the marathon settings, NOT the 5 lives only settings.

1st ship 20K, 2nd ship 70K, and then every 70K. That's a lot of Ks ... :bike2:

- - - Updated - - -

78,960 - Never played this one before

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140426[/ATTACH]

Good time to play this one. It's rarely nominated and rarely played.

- - - Updated - - -

One last look on AA before bed and I see Game 6 is up. Decided on one quick game before bed and this was the result. Reached round 15

Always good to have a game before you go to bed. Like milk and cookies, you can sleep well after a good game ... :alien:

Hi everyone, just a reminder this is the marathon settings, NOT the 5 lives only settings.

1st ship 20K, 2nd ship 70K, and then every 70K. That's a lot of Ks ... :bike2:

I'd read it as 5 live settings. Will change to marathon and try again though we're probably all chasing Barra on this game :lol

For marathon settings the screenshot in the first post should read:

Bonus Fighter 20K 70K 70K

Edited by RMacauley

Oh boy? :)

Judging by the Retro Uprising scores, I think TIF's the firm favourite, though Barra does reside in 6th on that list. Man, those scores are impressive!

http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5018

This is my first time playing this. Love being educated by the classics!

Pessimeister: 91, 790

0008.png.31a52afd9413fec2dc299b4d9a06e3f9.png

Oh boy? :)

Judging by the Retro Uprising scores, I think TIF's the firm favourite, though Barra does reside in 6th on that list. Man, those scores are impressive!

http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5018

This is my first time playing this. Love being educated by the classics!

Pessimeister: 91, 790

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140448[/ATTACH]

Barra has improved his score recently. https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/196848

cheap last death. sloppy overall. I forgot how long it takes to get over a million. 330 in the morning. annnnd with that, i am done with this game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140459[/ATTACH]

Good to see you playing at 330am. Sometimes you can score your best at that time ... :035:

Wow, I stand corrected. Awesome score by Barra. :) Ok, we have ourselves a very interesting contest indeed!

Edit:

Great video too - excellent learning fodder. :popcorn:

I witnessed him play that game live on twitch. If you ever have the chance, I recommend dropping by one of his streams sometime, great play and alot of fun chatting. I think his twitch handle is in his signature.

I'm back for a quick bash at an old favourite, obviously the casual comp didn't get enough interest so I hope that everyone will accept that I enjoy dropping in occasionally to play games that I enjoy at settings I enjoy.

I must have lost my Bosconian high scores at some time as this is my first game tonight and is not a PB, but good to get a reasonable score back on the cab.

I love that Bawwy Kwipke did the voice over for this game "WED ALERT WED ALERT" also what else does he say at the start of each stage "about twurn" ?

20181227_194453.thumb.jpg.7a2bfabe5ea46d4b7aca7ef99f011ecc.jpg

I'm back for a quick bash at an old favourite, obviously the casual comp didn't get enough interest so I hope that everyone will accept that I enjoy dropping in occasionally to play games that I enjoy at settings I enjoy.

You are always welcome to play in the MGL. However please play at the settings of the game thread. As per the MGL rules, everyone else does play at the right settings and we do not want any confusion or complaints on who is or isn't playing at the right settings. This affects the scoreboard as well. Also please do not attack any gamers, including myself. I am running this competition as the Gamemaster and moderator of this competition forum. Please follow the AA guidelines on behaviour including no trolling. If you are not happy at home or not happy in the MGL, please feel free to volunteer to run the casual comp you asked for yourself and do something for the gamers. Trevor created what you asked for at AA, so you can go for it. Then you can play to any rules you like to play at, like the settings you want, pause your game like you asked for, have no scoreboard and maybe others.

Edited by OOO

OOO I think you misunderstood my intention, I meant when a game comes up in the MGL that is posted by you at the settings I enjoy that I might play it. I did not mean I would not play by your rules. Obviously you are still annoyed because I don't agree with some of the changes you made to the MGL, but I am not a troll and never have been, I'm just an old player that prefered the casual MGL as it was before. I didn't come back to drag up that past or to annoy anyone, just to play the occasional game.