Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Multi game arcade issue.

Jamie

Question

Have this cocktail arcade with 1940 games distributed by My games room but it will only play certain games. Doesn't appear to be any pattern it just won't play particularly games whether they are horizontal or vertical. It will go as far as load the game install credits just won't play certain games. Any ideas on what could be wrong here?20181224_114801.jpeg20181224_123352.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Edited by Jamie

11 answers to this question

Could it be an intermittent issue with the start button? a loose connection? Do certain games never start even when you play another game and then go back to that game?

If it's not hardware/button related then all I can think of suggesting is looking up the manual for your multiboard and working out how to reset it to default settings. That might fix it if the settings have become corrupted and has fixed a multiboard that I had trouble with in the past.

AC27D457-6FFE-4FAE-9AF8-4DBC8F00DC9E.jpgIt has a home pg title called Arcade Mania and is a 1940 games in one. Also looking at past threads I noticed that their was one other AA member with the same issue but unfortunately there was no advice on his thread. Distributed by My Games Room I did give him a call the other day and he asked me to send him some pics etc which I will do. Anything on this one would be very helpful thanks.

Its just a standard Games family board, looks to be made for My games room with the logo in the bottom corner.

This manual should be the same, not sure if you need the extra harness for the 3/4 player with the buttons to change settings though from memory, long time since I set one of these up.

http://www.vadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2019in1-Manual.pdf

Might have to go into the particular game settings that you are having problems with, set it to free play if it allows.

On further inspection of the manual looks like you do need the player 3/4 harness to access settings.

Multi game arcade issue.

The roms for those games are probably corrupted or missing from the hdd image. It has a Chinese version of win2k and you should be able to get to windows and see the hard drive contents by plugging in a vga monitor to that dvi port on the mainboard

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Its just a standard Games family board, looks to be made for My games room with the logo in the bottom corner.

This manual should be the same, not sure if you need the extra harness for the 3/4 player with the buttons to change settings though from memory, long time since I set one of these up.

http://www.vadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2019in1-Manual.pdf

Might have to go into the particular game settings that you are having problems with, set it to free play if it allows.

On further inspection of the manual looks like you do need the player 3/4 harness to access settings.

I think can still via a usb keyboard

IMG_1914.JPG This looks like to be about the only option for retrieving these games from the manual as far as I can tell. Is there some kind of hard disc that I need to perform this task?

Not sure if it might be better to buy a new game board to replace rather than try to salvage this system??? I have a games wizard 508 lying around but would I need to buy a power supply or something as well? Not real sure what to do with this.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

It will go as far as load the game install credits just won't play certain games. Any ideas on what could be wrong here?[ATTACH]140349[/ATTACH][ATTACH]140350[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

(Note that I am not an expert on these boards and it has been years since I owned one, but I did troubleshoot a few issues with mine when I had it. I would be interested to know what others think of my advice below.)

So just to make sure I am reading this right you say it loads the game and you can see it playing the game demo in attract mode? then it will allow you to put a credit in the game but it won't allow you to start the game? I assume pressing start does nothing and there are no error messages and that you just escape from the game and select a different one.

If that is what is happening then it is not a ROM issue as the game would not start or credit up.

Sounds to me like the system settings have become corrupted or have been fiddled with by someone, most likely corrupted because from memory it's not easy to enter the settings accidentally. I would guess that the setting for which button starts the game for those certain games has changed or been lost.

Anyway the manual is difficult to follow but not impossible, you could try changing the dip settings per game for each game you are having trouble with but take it slow and make one change at a time to save confusion, but there is an easier way to do them all at once.

What I would suggest is just restoring the System Default Config files.

So through the main gameboard menu seen in fig24 at bottom right of manual go to - System Setting / Config Files / then I'm not sue if it's Restore Config or Default Config but either could fix your problem try one then try the other.

(Note that I am not an expert on these boards and it has been years since I owned one, but I did troubleshoot a few issues with mine when I had it. I would be interested to know what others think of my advice below.)

So just to make sure I am reading this right you say it loads the game and you can see it playing the game demo in attract mode? then it will allow you to put a credit in the game but it won't allow you to start the game? I assume pressing start does nothing and there are no error messages and that you just escape from the game and select a different one.

If that is what is happening then it is not a ROM issue as the game would not start or credit up.

Sounds to me like the system settings have become corrupted or have been fiddled with by someone, most likely corrupted because from memory it's not easy to enter the settings accidentally. I would guess that the setting for which button starts the game for those certain games has changed or been lost.

Anyway the manual is difficult to follow but not impossible, you could try changing the dip settings per game for each game you are having trouble with but take it slow and make one change at a time to save confusion, but there is an easier way to do them all at once.

What I would suggest is just restoring the System Default Config files.

So through the main gameboard menu seen in fig24 at bottom right of manual go to - System Setting / Config Files / then I'm not sue if it's Restore Config or Default Config but either could fix your problem try one then try the other.

Thats correct does everything except start the game. Mostly effects older type games generally speaking like Galaga asteroids pacman but not all. For instance galaxians works. Don't seem to have too much trouble with fighting type games. Street fightrr etc. Will have a go at resetting from your advice thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Multi game arcade issue.

Success! My dip switch set up a bit different to those in the manual provided but assumed dip 8 was the equivalent and this got me into menu. So switched dip 8 on pressed the set button adjacent then dip 8 off and then could navigate to configuration files. Selected restore configuration and that was it all working.

Many thanks to you guys for helping me with this. I hope it might also be helpful to others that might come across this issue with a similar level of understanding to me. Cheers.IMG_1919.JPGIMG_1918.JPGIMG_1917.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Edited by Jamie