Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAH CPU PCB board damage

Martymart

Question

IMG_2802.thumb.jpg.19d44cfc0120e6cd1b6a2ad73042449d.jpg

I was just changing the batteries on my LAH and noticed some slight damage around one of the capacitors. I am not sure how long it has been like this as I have not noticed it prior. Is this something to worry about. Could the capacitor be leaking and need replacement or just something else. The machine has no issues but thought I would see if it could become an issue if left.

Any advice or feedback would be welcomed.

11 answers to this question

Although the schematics say it should be, C102 is not a capacitor. As this is the 5V rail, probably a 5.1V zener diode to keep the voltage steady.

Not familiar with the board so not sure if it was a design change and the schematics weren't updated or if changed by someone else.

Just get a 470uf/25V cap from Jaycar and you will be right to go. Just watch for the polarity, put it in how you took it out. If you reverse it they have a tendency to go bang. This is just a decoupling capacitor to smooth out the DC voltage. Board is probably working fine anyway, particularly with the zener in there.

Give the area a good clean before replacing the capacitor.

Can someone please confirm this is the correct style of capacitor to use as a replacement. The capacitor should be a 470uf 25v although I noticed there is a couple of different styles and I want to make sure I am replacing it with the correct type.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/470uf-25vdc-electrolytic-rb-capacitor/p/RE6195