Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TZ Ball Popper Stuck

jug123

Question

Noob hoping for some help. TZ has Ball Popper Opto Stuck error.

• Checked & cleaned optos and can see IR through a camera
  • Ran solenoid test, Ball popper wont fire, went into help to get fuse number
  • Tested fuse for continuity, all good
  • Coil moves freely, sleeve looks fine
  • Cant see any loose wires
  • Put alligator clip on ground & tried to manually fire coil, no energy

Is the coil stuffed or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

[*]Checked & cleaned optos and can see IR through a camera

Pull machine in single switch test and break the opto beam. Make sure the switch is registering.

[*]Coil moves freely, sleeve looks fine

[*]Cant see any loose wires

[*]Put alligator clip on ground & tried to manually fire coil, no energy

Swap over knocker coil, (after confirming knocker is working in coil test), with ball popper and see if one, both or none are working.

• Checked & cleaned optos and can see IR through a camera
  • Ran solenoid test, Ball popper wont fire, went into help to get fuse number
  • Tested fuse for continuity, all good
  • Coil moves freely, sleeve looks fine
  • Cant see any loose wires
  • Put alligator clip on ground & tried to manually fire coil, no energy

Thanks

If the coil won't fire when grounded then it's got a broken wire or no power

Have you checked for power at the coil?

Pull machine in single switch test and break the opto beam. Make sure the switch is registering.

Swap over knocker coil, (after confirming knocker is working in coil test), with ball popper and see if one, both or none are working.

Knocker is working so can try this. Havent tried single switch so will see whether it registers

thx

- - - Updated - - -

If the coil won't fire when grounded then it's got a broken wire or no power

Have you checked for power at the coil?

by checking for power at the coil do you mean checking the resistance? If so its about 6

thx

by checking for power at the coil do you mean checking the resistance? If so its about 6

thx

With the machine on, using your multimeter on DC voltage, put the black lead on the ground plane of the machine and the red on the lugs of the coil one at a time.

If you get voltage on one lug and not the other then the coil is most probably broken where the coil wire is soldered to the lug(or very close to it)

To repair the coil, you need to remove it, find the end of the wire and re-solder back onto the lug. You may need to remove the wrapper and unwind a turn of the coil.

Reinstall and check

With the machine on, using your multimeter on DC voltage, put the black lead on the ground plane of the machine and the red on the lugs of the coil one at a time.

If you get voltage on one lug and not the other then the coil is most probably broken where the coil wire is soldered to the lug(or very close to it)

To repair the coil, you need to remove it, find the end of the wire and re-solder back onto the lug. You may need to remove the wrapper and unwind a turn of the coil.

Reinstall and check

thanks will give it a try tomorrow nite

Reinstall and check

Thanks @Boots.

I had the MM on Auto & had 70 on one lug & about 200 on the other so I took it off auto and set to 100 & had 0 on one side and 70 on the other Im assuming this was the right thing to do & theres a problem with the coil wire.

Thanks @Boots.

I had the MM on Auto & had 70 on one lug & about 200 on the other so I took it off auto and set to 100 & had 0 on one side and 70 on the other Im assuming this was the right thing to do & theres a problem with the coil wire.

Sounds like youv'e found the issue