Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Taito Vewlix 2player

I have that running here. Good Vewlix clones are relatively easy to get in Australia. Then you only need the Taito X2 from ebay.

Like this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CAPCOM-SUPER-STREET-FIGHTER-IV-AE-TAITO-X2-MOTHERBOARD-WORKING/162092316980?hash=item25bd747934%3Ag%3AW5IAAOSwmtJXUgGS&_sacat=0&_nkw=taito+x2&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Ah, and here's one of the Vewlix clones.. You should get the price down to around ~1000AUD... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1812972405458706

Will that particular game wizard play ps4? Do these 6 button vewlix game wizard clones play all consoles too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There’s a couple of Wizards on GT. Highway Entertainment sell an upgrade kit to bring it up to the Game Wizard Extreme spec that lets you play all the consoles.

They say they will only sell the upgrade kit to you if you purchased it from them only and have prior of purchase? Sounds pretty silly to me.

There’s a couple of Wizards on GT. Highway Entertainment sell an upgrade kit to bring it up to the Game Wizard Extreme spec that lets you play all the consoles.

They say they will only sell the upgrade kit to you if you purchased it from them only and have prior of purchase? Sounds pretty silly to me.

I did ring and ask about that. They basically told me that if I owned a games wizard and could prove it, they’re happy to sell the upgrade. I would double check but was curious about the same thing. A Tank Stick and PS3/4 will nearly get you there. Or one of these beauties.

https://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension-Two-Player-Control-Board-Xbox-360-PS3-PC-p/rm-xt-sd-board.htm

Sold out but keep an eye out.

I'd recommend going after the original boards tho. Taito Type X2 is nice, but CPS2 is still my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I'm kind of leaning towards wanting the upgrade kit atm so I can hook my ps3 and ps4 up to it. Really want to have a fighting ex layer cab

So after a bit more in depth reading and thinking I'm leaning towards wanting it to play ps4 as I want to make it a fighting EX Layer cabinet and. Play that and street fighter 5 maily. I've been looking at maybe buying a brand new clone from ali baba. And installing brooks universal fighting boards in the panel. Thoughts?

Just a quick note - the Game Wizard original (and now the Xtreme) are the most sold Vewlix style machines in Australia and, have been exported around the world since around 2012/13. The true multisystem platform which incorporated Jamma/JVS/consoles was first introduced by Highway/Arcooda and now has been copied many times (even with some people trying to sell via Aussie Arcades). Our model is firmware upgradeable - when Nintendo released the Switch, we offered firmware to upgrade.

The reason why we do not sell the components separately, or, only sell to customers (does not matter where they originally ordered the machines) who have an older model, is to slow the copy companies down. Later this year we will release new panels which will offer new functions, but again, only available to customers who have the original products.

The other thing to remember, everything is to a price. Buying a clone Vewlix cabinet from China @$690usd will use significantly different parts to an original Vewlix or a Game Wizard product. The used Game Wizard's are a bargain at the $1,500 (or cheaper) mark, upgrade to the latest version and you have a current series product.

Just a quick note - the Game Wizard original (and now the Xtreme) are the most sold Vewlix style machines in Australia and, have been exported around the world since around 2012/13. The true multisystem platform which incorporated Jamma/JVS/consoles was first introduced by Highway/Arcooda and now has been copied many times (even with some people trying to sell via Aussie Arcades). Our model is firmware upgradeable - when Nintendo released the Switch, we offered firmware to upgrade.

The reason why we do not sell the components separately, or, only sell to customers (does not matter where they originally ordered the machines) who have an older model, is to slow the copy companies down. Later this year we will release new panels which will offer new functions, but again, only available to customers who have the original products.

The other thing to remember, everything is to a price. Buying a clone Vewlix cabinet from China @$690usd will use significantly different parts to an original Vewlix or a Game Wizard product. The used Game Wizard's are a bargain at the $1,500 (or cheaper) mark, upgrade to the latest version and you have a current series product.

What will the new panel functions be?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys giving this a quick bump. I was able to purchase chewlix. It's a highway clone. I fitted my own art etc. I'm now looking for a second cab but rotated only. Preferably with a 360 pre installed but not necessary. Mainly just looking for a rotated one to play shmups. Really want a DoDonPachi style cab in the cave(no pun intended [emoji23]) . I attached a pic of my cab. I have a full sticker set (100 yen etc) coming tommorow which will finish off the look.6557d8e5a5cfded32c30ee89b780ec93.jpg

Hey guys giving this a quick bump. I was able to purchase chewlix. It's a highway clone. I fitted my own art etc. I'm now looking for a second cab but rotated only. Preferably with a 360 pre installed but not necessary. Mainly just looking for a rotated one to play shmups. Really want a DoDonPachi style cab in the cave(no pun intended [emoji23]) . I attached a pic of my cab. I have a full sticker set (100 yen etc) coming tommorow which will finish off the look.6557d8e5a5cfded32c30ee89b780ec93.jpg

Good pickup. Can the one you’ve got be rotated?

• 2 weeks later...